GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Exaust Queations

awalovitch

I just got a MK7.5 2180 GTI S. I have been looking around the forums for a bit now and decided to ask my question. Sorry if this has been asked couldn’t seem to find it in the search.

I am looking at getting an axle back exaust. Is there a difference between the MK7 and MK7.5. Will a MK7 work on my car. I am looking at a clubsport s muffler or the Remus axleback. Any one have experience with the Remus axleback with resonator. I don’t want it crazy as I drive on the highway every day. Here is a link to the Remus I am looking at. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-remus-p...t-system-dual-tips/796014-1500ab~dk/?pdk=AQEB .

Is muffler delete or resonator delete to loud?

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
MK7 exhaust, from what I've gathered, will not fit an MK7.5. Personally I'm planning on an AWE track catback exhaust when the Black Friday sale drops. Last year they ran a 15% off sale.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
more like mk75 in 2180 lol. But yes, the tips are further apart on the 7.5. If you want a clubsport S muffler you'd have to take it somewhere to get the tips repositioned.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
I bought a clubsport S muffler and had an exhaust shop extend the tubing for the tips so it would be wider and fit the rear valance

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Lol sorry 2018.
Got it so I will have to wait for a MK7.5 setup. Dose anyone know of a MK7.5 axle back?
Yes, I have the Remus dual outlet resonated axleback for my MK7.5

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
How do you like it. Is it crazy loud? Where did you get it?

I really like it, the tone is very refined. It probably isn't loud enough for most of the members on here but for me its great. Just loud enough at WOT and mellow when I'm cruising. I bought it at a local Remus distributor here.

My car
https://youtu.be/x7i2cgqM67M

Last edited:

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I have a Remus non resonated catback for my 2018 Golf R and it sounds amazing. It even crackles a little. Still have stock downpipe, but plan to get a catless downpipe in the near future.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI