GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing center console

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
So I've been trying to remove the center console to get under to the 12v socket connector and I've seen a couple guides online on how to do it. The problem with these guides is that the manual handbrake and auto handbrake are different. As you can see the trim pieces are different which means not everything is the same down under. Has anyone had luck with removing the console with the manual handbrake? I just need access to the connector for the 12v socket so if I don't have to pull the whole thing off that would be a plus.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I've removed center console and reinstalled fully.

Remove the handbrake boot. It is a pretty simple slid fingers down and pull. The bit around the handle is elastic and it'll stretch a bit around the handbrake. Doesn't take much force. Then you can remove that cover that's in front of it. Everything else is cross over from the ROW setup.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I've removed center console and reinstalled fully.

Remove the handbrake boot. It is a pretty simple slid fingers down and pull. The bit around the handle is elastic and it'll stretch a bit around the handbrake. Doesn't take much force. Then you can remove that cover that's in front of it. Everything else is cross over from the ROW setup.

Thanks shrinks. So....pull out break boot..that plastic trim in front of lever...slide back and remove.....that opens up access to the 12v?

Was is “ROW”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks shrinks. So....pull out break boot..that plastic trim in front of lever...slide back and remove.....that opens up access to the 12v?

Was is “ROW”?

Getting the brake boot off won't give you full access to the 12v. If you want full access, there are some torx screws at driver front and rear, and passenger front and rear that will require your attention and removal.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Loosened brake boot....slid trim piece out from in front of it. Did some screwdriver prying.....good to go now.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone have the part number of the hand brake handle? The VW parts webpage has part numbers for everything except this.