GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown engine on 2015 @ 53k miles

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Also file under early build engine goes pop. Seems to be more common in 2014 builds.
If it was a fuel starvation issue, how would a build date contribute to the failure? How many early builds have had motor failures like this? That might be a stretch for that correlation.

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Who said it was a fuel starvation issue?
You’re right; there’s been no conclusive statement about starvation, but based on some circumstantial evidence from post 1 and Hoon’s posts, I guess I got out my ‘jump to conclusions’ mat and made the leap. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42WNHGr1jGI

Has there been a trend of stock ‘early build’ catastrophic engine failures? The tune aspect seems to be in play as well?

Pingers

Ready to race!
Talon - is Marc w\ VAP rebuilding this for you? It's a great shop, nothing but positive things to say about those guys.

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Early builds had turbo problems with tuners. I'm April 14...92k miles......want to tune at 100........I'm doing it idgaf

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So are we going to make the assumption that we shouldn't floor it with less than 1/4 tank? If so I think thats completely unacceptable and should be taken up with VW. Im sure there have been many people who have floored it low on gas so shouldn't we see this more often? Also, are we saying don't do this if your car is tuned or even for stock cars?

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
So are we going to make the assumption that we shouldn't floor it with less than 1/4 tank? If so I think thats completely unacceptable and should be taken up with VW. Im sure there have been many people who have floored it low on gas so shouldn't we see this more often? Also, are we saying don't do this if your car is tuned or even for stock cars?
No that's not it. It was the situation and setup hoon has.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

More to do with hard launches on a quarter mile pass with a maxed out fuel system sucking the fuel in the surge tank dry.

This is not an issue on a stock car, or most tuned cars except under the right circumstances.