GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Did an oil change before it gets unpleasantly cold out. I'm trying Castrol Edge 0w-40 this time around plus an OEM filter and drain plug.

I’ve settled on 5k mile OCIs at this point. Probably a waste but it’s peace of mind plus an excuse to get dirty under the car.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Almost pulled the trigger on these but as I was checking out I noticed the link is for the BMW tips, not the GTI ones. Do you have the link to the VW ones?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Saw that too but double checked on BMS page. Ordered the „BMW“ parts and they fit perfect. On BMS page the black once were out of stock when I checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Found a dent that some inconsiderate douche gave my car, probably from opening their door into it.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Winter prep phase 1 - wash / clay / seal

Also installed yellow lamin-x fogs

I've been debating on whether or not to make my fogs yellow.....

Something about the CSG, hyper silver wheels, and yellow fogs gets my pecker all riled up.

How does it look in person? I know that the color may not be represented exactly in the pictures.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I've been debating on whether or not to make my fogs yellow.....

Something about the CSG, hyper silver wheels, and yellow fogs gets my pecker all riled up.

How does it look in person? I know that the color may not be represented exactly in the pictures.

Yeah, I never thought I’d like something like this. But I do like it, and I think it looks good in person. In that pic obviously it’s daytime but I do have the lights on. The pic has bumped contrast and slightly desaturated but honestly it’s not all that far off from how they look in person. And they look much more subtle when the lights are off. I think they look good at night, too.

Before buying I read some accounts saying they look green not yellow because the MK7 fog bulbs are a bluish white temp, but in real life I think they look yellow enough. It is true they are a slightly greenish yellow but it doesn’t bother me and I still like the way it looks.

From what I’ve seen online I think they tend to look better on the darker colors like CSG, black, and night blue.

I like how it adds some visual interest to the front end and now has me thinking about adding a subtle front lip like the Maxton V1 if it wasn’t so expensive for a cheap piece of plastic.

The good thing with the lamin-x is it was only ~$17 so if you get it and hate it it’s not a huge loss...

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Nice plate. Thats one of the many plates I tried to get in CA. All the best Star Wars plates are already taken. Hopefully I will have better luck now that Im in CO. For now my carbon steel grey GTI is running CARBYNT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Must be a favorite place to nail our beloved cars, my wife received one just a couple of weeks ago in the same location.

Looks like its on the rear, but I had one in the same spot on the front. PDR and buffing and you can't even tell it was ever there

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Recieved and installed the WCT throttle pedal spacer today. IMO a must have mod for 6MT owners who like me, hated the spacing between the brake and throttle pedal. [emoji106][emoji106]

Last edited:

mctriple

Passed Driver's Ed
Must be a favorite place to nail our beloved cars, my wife received one just a couple of weeks ago in the same location.

Looks like some inconsiderate kid coming out of a back seat. I spent many years telling my boy to be careful with the door any time he got out when we were parked next to another car. I had a 2 door with long doors for a long time, so I was especially vigilant about him not dinging doors. Too bad nobody else was.. that car had a collection of door dings :( Thankfully I'm in a much nicer area with far more considerate people. Haven't seen one appear on my car in 4 years.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Recieved and installed the WCT throttle pedal spacer today. IMO a must have mod for 6MT owners who like me, hated the spacing between the brake and throttle pedal. [emoji106][emoji106]

Curious on your impressions. Did you find the height an issue or horizontal spacing? Also what did you do with your wheel? Steering wheel wrap and gloss Golf R trim?