GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Had a chance to throw my (not yet finished) Strat tuned GTI on a local dyno today. For those wondering how the power delivery is - very linear with excellent top end. It was a mustang dyno with nowhere near enough fans/airflow for a turbo car, so take the numbers with a grain of salt. Very happy with the tune this far into the process though.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Had a chance to throw my (not yet finished) Strat tuned GTI on a local dyno today. For those wondering how the power delivery is - very linear with excellent top end. It was a mustang dyno with nowhere near enough fans/airflow for a turbo car, so take the numbers with a grain of salt. Very happy with the tune this far into the process though.

Are you is38?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Nope. IS20, FBO.
Are you manual with stock clutch? Hp number looks solid. Same as mine for fbo is20 but tq is down. Decent amount off of what it should be.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
MT with upgraded clutch (DKM). I think the torque number is a combo of the unfinished tune (rev 3) and them running in 3rd gear on a Dyno; I think the guy running it rolled into the throttle late. Peak torque@ almost 4k rpm is late for an IS20 and not reflective of how it runs on the street. They got on it earlier the second two pulls, but it started dropping power from heat soak. They only had two little fans set up 20ft from the car.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
MT with upgraded clutch (DKM). I think the torque number is a combo of the unfinished tune (rev 3) and them running in 3rd gear on a Dyno; I think the guy running it rolled into the throttle late. Peak torque@ almost 4k rpm is late for an IS20 and not reflective of how it runs on the street. They got on it earlier the second two pulls, but it started dropping power from heat soak. They only had two little fans set up 20ft from the car.
Yea you need a lot of airflow lol. I had 4 big shop fans on mine and I was still in the 120s in boost on my iat.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds great

Currently looking at DP options before a the tune. Do you recommend a drop in air filter?

A drop in filter can help. It's not a huge power boost but helps it breathe a bit better. Most of the HP gains from an intake are from the filter anyway.

So I purchased an access port (loaded with DSG tune) and custom tune from stratified, I have yet to instal anything. I was wondering what modifications to the car does the traction control feature through the access port do? Does it modify the diff settings or the ESC settings. I do have a vagcom cable but have yet to play around with the diff settings and ECS settings, and I won’t if the traction control feature on the tune will take care of it. I’m still very confused about what settings I want for the VAQ diff and ESC for a street car...

The cobb traction control sits in front of the the OEM traction control. The oem traction control and diff settings are on a different module, than the ECU, which the AP does not touch. When putting the car in ESC sport you allow for more slip. Cobb traction control works in front of that, so it's still there in the background, but cobb limits the car from getting to the point the OEM kicks in. It can still kick in through if you push it really hard and past what cobbs traction control is setup to do.

It looks like he started a bit late. You'd also generate more load in 4th, which would raise the power. Also as you mentioned you're on revision 3. So i'd expect those numbers to go up.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

Sounds like area1320? Great shop, the owner bought my blown up Legacy GT wagon last year and gave me a free dyno day. I did 282whp on a JB4 eblend with a down pipe but stock clutch and intercooler. Buddy's APR stage 1 low torque R put down 324whp. Can't recall his tq numbers but I remember it being "almost what APR quoted."

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=35655&share_fid=112413&share_type=t

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Sounds like area1320? Great shop, the owner bought my blown up Legacy GT wagon last year and gave me a free dyno day. I did 282whp on a JB4 eblend with a down pipe but stock clutch and intercooler. Buddy's APR stage 1 low torque R put down 324whp. Can't recall his tq numbers but I remember it being "almost what APR quoted."

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=35655&share_fid=112413&share_type=t

Yup. Too bad they're more of a Subaru shop, would have been nice to have a tuner so close. Dyno day was fun, but if you really just want to see your numbers, the $40 discount probably isn't worth the 3-5 hr wait. Good way to spend an afternoon though.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
On revision 5 for a stage 1 tune with Jared and and the car pulls pretty hard, can't wait to down the road add the down pipe and intercooler. With this tune and the updated Cobb DSG tune aggressive, the car feels really good!

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
A drop in filter can help. It's not a huge power boost but helps it breathe a bit better. Most of the HP gains from an intake are from the filter anyway.

If I buy a drop-in filter would it need the "tune up revision" for $100? I'm currently waiting for the 3rd revision to come back

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Would an intercooler need a tune up?

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

it wouldn't NEED one, but it would benefit from one. Just because we can push the car a bit more with the upgraded IC, so we could provide a bit more boost and more timing. The car shouldn't have any issues running your current tune with an IC, but you don't be maximizing your performance without one.