GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI => bad engine

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Sorry to hear this.

Keep escalating your claim up the chain of command. Document all your conversations, and who you talk with. Ask to speak to everyones supervisor, and try and get their direct dial number.

I once spent nearly a month working up the chain of command to the office of the president of a 3rd party warranty company for a transmission replacement. Every level denied my claim, until I got to the top of the company.

Jeff_DML

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Thanks Juggar for clarifying the lemon laws.

Called corporate to demand a new engine but they were already going to call me back by COB today about the situation. He was waiting for the costs of installing the engine from the dealer before calling me.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Why wouldn't you lawyer up?

That cost money though. People dont work for free and VW isn't giving anyone money, just a new car potentially.

I imagine any lawyer would want at least a few thousand up front, not a smart move for someone trying to lessen the hurt of the entire ordeal.

Jeff_DML

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Legally he doesn't have a case for a new car or new engine as VW is honoring the terms of their warranty - correct?

Lawyers can get expensive quickly.

yeah that is what I understand.

I am more relying on VW doing the right thing for their customer and name. But people sue and win for interesting situations all the time, this is America:)

RichardCranium

Ready to race!
I would think there may be some sort of local or state law that aides with Lemon Law cases that may help you. Not full on lemon laws, but something related to sales. Either way, I don't think it would hurt to have a lawyer in your ear. It may be just the coercing VW needs to step up and just give you a new vehicle. Additionally, I've always found social media to be very helpful in getting my point and concerns across not only to them (the business), but all future customers who visit that businesses' social media page. It's very important to remain levelheaded and well mannered when taking that approach.

Yeah, I'd wait until he gets a final disposition before you go trashing them on social media.

The car has a bad engine, but he didn't hit the sweepstakes. Take the remanu engine which will be just fine and go about your business. If they can't source a remanu, then ask for a new one.

Additionally, for something like an engine, VWoA is making the final decision on it, not the dealer. I would be very careful about taking your frustrations out on the dealer because other than doing the actual repair, they don't have much input for an issue like that.

Jeff_DML

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Just go off the phone with the regional case manager, he said basically said below but since remanu engine is first available that I get that.

Take the remanu engine which will be just fine and go about your business. If they can't source a remanu, then ask for a new one.

There is no way they can accommodate me with a new engine, kept saying that is what the warranty provides and no way he can make it happen...

Final decision is not until the end of the month whether they replace/refund me but not having much hope.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Just go off the phone with the regional case manager, he said basically said below but since remanu engine is first available that I get that.

There is no way they can accommodate me with a new engine, kept saying that is what the warranty provides and no way he can make it happen...

Final decision is not until the end of the month whether they replace/refund me but not having much hope.

Ask for the name and number of his supervisor.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I did and he wouldn't give it to me, have his name and title. Yes a good idea that I should call back to see if I can move up the chain.

You’re going to need to push this.

Tell him this resolution is unacceptable and you want to speak to his supervisor.

You might be able to call into whatever 1-800 number you have, after hours, and search the directory by name.

Have they given you a specific reason on why they are insisting on a remanufactured engine? I’d ask for the lead time on a new motor. I find it hard to believe VW can’t get a new motor.

Otherwise, I’d start pushing for a major warranty extension and cash to offset diminished value when this hits carfax.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Following this one. Sorry to hear what happened OP. Keep pressing and go higher like others have said. Getting an engine replaced on a brand new car is absolutely unacceptable. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
You are right to push back. Tell them that you will not accept the reman engine. Keep working with corporate and keep track of all your correspondence, names, numbers as others have said. They want want to do the least to get you to ‘go away’. Don’t let them.

adam1991

Banned
That cost money though.

https://lemonlawexperts.com/lemon-law-faqs/

How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Lemon Law Attorney?
There should be no up front costs or retainer fees when hiring a lemon law attorney. Both federal and state lemon laws require the manufacturer to pay for your reasonable attorneys fees and costs or make a reasonable contribution towards your attorneys fees and costs, for a successful case. At the Lemon Law Experts, you will never get a bill for our services! Also, we have a “no recovery – no fees” policy, which means that in the event we spend one week, one month or even one year on your case and not prevail, you will never get a bill from us for our attorney fees.

In general, this is the case everywhere.

Lawyer up. It's free.