GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Anyone know of any Golf Rs running Stratified tunes?
Many in this thread are running the is38 tuned by strat. Off the top of my head hoon is a little over 400hp I believe on a corn blend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone know of any Golf Rs running Stratified tunes?

we've got quite a few people running out R tunes. I do not know if they are in this thread as it's under the GTI page.

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Alex just finished up the tune on for my 2015 (apparently a troublesome year) IS38 tune on 93.

https://datazap.me/u/zer0daze/v170?log=1&data=4-8

This tune is Zer0DazE and Walter approved.

We bumped into an issue with the car not wanting to make boost at first, but Alex was quick to resolve the issue. I never waited more than a week for a revision, with most coming with in a few days, and sometimes I would receive multiple revisions in 1 day. The boost issue was the one that took a little longer.

Some say his tunes can cure incontinence, and that he tuned the guitars for the Wild Stallions. All we know is he's called Alex.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
The cat is very restrictive on the OEM DP. This is what is causing that braking affect with the pops and crackles. You'll still have the effect on an aftermarket but it will be far less noticeable. I find having it being selectable through ECU sport mode very convenient so if i want the ride quieter and a bit smoother i just switch it off.
Ooooh I like the sound of that, I've been on the edge on whether I want exhaust crackles or not. I love the sound but not sure I want them on 100% of the time. Being able to select it through sport mode is perfect.

In stop and go traffic -> off

In the city? -> ON love hearing the sound of my car bouncing off buildings :rolleyes: :D

I have the same opinion on vent to atmo BoVs, do I miss the the RFL on my old Turbo LS Integra, I'm a little too old to be that obnoxious all the time, but it would be nice to be able to....you know, flip a switch.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Ooooh I like the sound of that, I've been on the edge on whether I want exhaust crackles or not. I love the sound but not sure I want them on 100% of the time. Being able to select it through sport mode is perfect.

In the city? -> ON love hearing the sound of my car bouncing off buildings :rolleyes: :D

I have the same opinion on vent to atmo BoVs, do I miss the the RFL on my old Turbo LS Integra, I'm a little too old to be that obnoxious all the time, but it would be nice to be able to....you know, flip a switch.

Exactly you can be obnoxious when you want, and 'civilized' at other times.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
So I purchased an access port (loaded with DSG tune) and custom tune from stratified, I have yet to instal anything. I was wondering what modifications to the car does the traction control feature through the access port do? Does it modify the diff settings or the ESC settings. I do have a vagcom cable but have yet to play around with the diff settings and ECS settings, and I won’t if the traction control feature on the tune will take care of it. I’m still very confused about what settings I want for the VAQ diff and ESC for a street car...

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

I usually drive in sport and even in stop and go it doesn't crackle. I just get very faint burble from my exhaust setup alone. It doesn't start up until above 2k really and even then it's faint. Over 3k though it's loud and when you ring out the gears and let off its like thunder. Sounds great in tunnels and in downtown areas bouncing off buildings lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So I purchased an access port (loaded with DSG tune) and custom tune from stratified, I have yet to instal anything. I was wondering what modifications to the car does the traction control feature through the access port do? Does it modify the diff settings or the ESC settings. I do have a vagcom cable but have yet to play around with the diff settings and ECS settings, and I won’t if the traction control feature on the tune will take care of it. I’m still very confused about what settings I want for the VAQ diff and ESC for a street car...

IMO the lsdsettings in sport mode is good enough. You can use vagcom to enable an "esc off" option but again I think ESC sport is good enough for most if not all street applications. You would really only want to turn it off on a track.

Did you pay extra for the traction control option from Stratified?

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
IMO the lsdsettings in sport mode is good enough. You can use vagcom to enable an "esc off" option but again I think ESC sport is good enough for most if not all street applications. You would really only want to turn it off on a track.

Did you pay extra for the traction control option from Stratified?

I did pay for the traction control option, but I still need to grab an intercooler and downpipe before I get the custom tune.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I did pay for the traction control option, but I still need to grab an intercooler and downpipe before I get the custom tune.

You turn ASR off to let the Cobb TC do it's thing (single button push). You never notice it working, which is what makes it great. Where I used to have to modulate the throttle in 2nd or else light up the tires, now I just hit the gas and let it go. No need to mess with the diff settings.

Navi

Autocross Champion
You turn ASR off to let the Cobb TC do it's thing (single button push). You never notice it working, which is what makes it great. Where I used to have to modulate the throttle in 2nd or else light up the tires, now I just hit the gas and let it go. No need to mess with the diff settings.

For COBB TC to function you have to have ESC OFF (not ESC Sport or ASR OFF). This is directly from Alex, as I had the same question on what setting the oem traction control has to be set for COBB TC to work.