GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
By virtue of how the crackles are created they increase the engine braking effect. So this is the jerkiness you are feeling. There's a new map on the way with it reduced but keep in mind it also reduces the sound. There is a happy medium in there and I find that after a few days I don't notice the extra engine braking.

Yup I just got the email a few minutes ago. Can't wait to try it out. The crackles did sound great though, about as loud as with an aftermarket DP as far as I could tell from youtube videos. Hopefully it's not too much quieter now.

Edit: The new map is much more tolerable, definitely more of a happy medium. Should I be concerned about any additional wear caused by the extra engine braking?

Last edited:

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Good deal.

I dropped to E40, Alex dialed it back a bit to smooth it out. Can't log yet because it's raining
Probably better for fueling reliability anyway. What are you peaking at now? 28-29?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Sucks I've only got one spot to do that at. Luckily my car is never without waze and a detector lol

When I get some extra change I'm gonna go back to 18s. Something lighter. I'm thinking on my e30 blend I'm in the ballpark of 400-410 wtq on a dynojet. This is the revision I'm going to dyno on my local dynojet so we'll see soon. Alex turned it down becuese of the slip. Once I get the ic and dsg tune I'll have him top it up so I can get back to high output.

Yea unfortunately. Thinking about going with that ebay twin cooler people are liking. Figured it's cheap enough if it doesn't work I'll get another. Seems there getting decent results from it. When I'm in boost I'm hovering around 120-130 on a really hot day. Cool morning like today I was actually only 10 above ambient cruising.

I'd recommend going with an oem replacement over a twin cooler. If you want to do the ebay coolers for price I'd do the magic one. Twin coolers cause air turbulence.

Alex I noticed on other platforms you offer a “flash tune” option in addition to the pro tune. Is this something you will be offering for the MK7 as well? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a flash tune in the works. We don't have a release date for it yet.

Yup I just got the email a few minutes ago. Can't wait to try it out. The crackles did sound great though, about as loud as with an aftermarket DP as far as I could tell from youtube videos. Hopefully it's not too much quieter now.

Edit: The new map is much more tolerable, definitely more of a happy medium. Should I be concerned about any additional wear caused by the extra engine braking?

The cat is very restrictive on the OEM DP. This is what is causing that braking affect with the pops and crackles. You'll still have the effect on an aftermarket but it will be far less noticeable. I find having it being selectable through ECU sport mode very convenient so if i want the ride quieter and a bit smoother i just switch it off.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I'd recommend going with an oem replacement over a twin cooler. If you want to do the ebay coolers for price I'd do the magic one. Twin coolers cause air turbulence. .

Price is a small reason but really it's for the ease of install.. Seems these replacements are a hassle to install but the addon one from eBay is a lot easier

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
@Cameron1292 I just had GTI Jake install his FMIC on mine. It definitely feels stronger on pulls. I haven’t had a chance to log yet, but just watching IAT plummet on acceleration with the AP was fun.

I’ll log this coming week and see if it convinces me a top up tune is worth it.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Price is a small reason but really it's for the ease of install.. Seems these replacements are a hassle to install but the addon one from eBay is a lot easier

You're really talking an extra hour or two. Suck it up :D

@Cameron1292 I just had GTI Jake install his FMIC on mine. It definitely feels stronger on pulls. I haven’t had a chance to log yet, but just watching IAT plummet on acceleration with the AP was fun.

I’ll log this coming week and see if it convinces me a top up tune is worth it.

Jake's kit has the best IATs I've seen.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
the install is certainly a pain on the replacement IC's but having 2 different intercoolers, with different cooling and fin density is going to cause uneven cooling of the air and uneven pressure drops. Then the air is forced back together when the 2 coolers join. This creates lots of air turbulence. The setup works, but it's certainly not ideal or the most efficient.
The way I see it, is you only have to do the install once, and at the price you don't have to care about pulling it off when you part out

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
In reality I'm just lazy lol I've done everything myself so far but where I live now I have no solid ground so it's always a damn project. Not to mention the Florida heat. Putting my new splitter on a few weeks ago killed me it was probably 100 with the heat index

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
In reality I'm just lazy lol I've done everything myself so far but where I live now I have no solid ground so it's always a damn project. Not to mention the Florida heat. Putting my new splitter on a few weeks ago killed me it was probably 100 with the heat index

wait till 'winter' lol

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
wait till 'winter' lol
Might need to wait till winter and then do it at night with a flood light lol 70 degrees feels nice but the sun is still brutal.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
the install is certainly a pain on the replacement IC's but having 2 different intercoolers, with different cooling and fin density is going to cause uneven cooling of the air and uneven pressure drops. Then the air is forced back together when the 2 coolers join. This creates lots of air turbulence. The setup works, but it's certainly not ideal or the most efficient.
The way I see it, is you only have to do the install once, and at the price you don't have to care about pulling it off when you part out
That's the beauty of GTI Jake's FMIC. It's a standalone so no issues with turbulence or air mixing.

I'll be doing the Stratified tune but have been putting it off since I'm not comfortable doing 3rd gear pulls on the roads near me.

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!