GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeak in rear, suspension?

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't get that sound, but I do get a sound when backing out of my driveway from the rear-area. Not a squeak or rattle, but like a creak. That's the only time I ever hear it though. Just started a few days ago (4k miles on the car, almost 3 months into ownership).

I'm assuming it's suspension related, as yours may be too. Just not sure what.

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
I get the creak backing out too. Is your driveway on a angle?

No angle, per se, but I do have the rounded curb.

Though lately I've noticed the sound even when driving as well - it sounds like a Styrofoam cooler, in the sound the lid rubbing on the cooler makes. However, if there's something with a little weight (like a laptop or backpack) the sound is gone.

pikolog

Passed Driver's Ed
No angle, per se, but I do have the rounded curb.

Though lately I've noticed the sound even when driving as well - it sounds like a Styrofoam cooler, in the sound the lid rubbing on the cooler makes. However, if there's something with a little weight (like a laptop or backpack) the sound is gone.

Where do you put that “little weight”? Back seats or the trunk? Are you sure the sound is coming from the underneath of the car?

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
Where do you put that “little weight”? Back seats or the trunk? Are you sure the sound is coming from the underneath of the car?

I was completely wrong on this.

I found out the other day that it's the moonroof making the sound. When it's open, no sound at all. When it's closed, squeaks.

Looks like I need to lube it up a bit I guess.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
I installed a rsb bar recently using stock endlinks. It was quiet for the first 20 miles and then i heard a knock when i went up my driveway. The endlink nut that connected to the swaybar had loosened up a bit. I tightened it backup and the knock is gone.