GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who is on Bilstein B8s?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
So I just caller Bilstein Aftermarket in NC directly and they said the B8 Fronts part # 35-229919 are scheduled to be built in Germany the week of October 15th, which means they will arrive in the US mid to late November. The B8 rears part # 24-229937 are scheduled to be built in mid December with arrival in the US mid January. :mad: I placed my order on March 8th. :eek:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I bought the rears already from ECS since they had them in stock. Probably end up getting the fronts locally since the Bilstein Canada distributor is ordering directly from Germany with a 3-4 week turnaround.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Wow that's crazy. Waiting almost 8-11 months for parts.. I was contemplating going the b8 + eibach or HR OE combo. Looks like I'll be waiting a while

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
So annoying.

I am really thinking about H&R OE Sport springs now and just run them with stock dampers for a while. Koni special active might work nicely as well with a subtle drop like that.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Indeed special actives have been a great purchase.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
They are an updated FSD shock...

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I imagine Koni is loving it.

I know I'm loving my Koni sports now.

B8's were my original choice but I wasn't going to wait nearly a year for them.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Picked these up today from my wife's friends in Washington State (nice having US address to have stuff shipped to!). I should hopefully have the fronts in 2-3 weeks from Bilsteincanada.com where I ordered them from last weekend with a 10% off sale.

Yes, that's my cat trying to stick her head in the box.:rolleyes:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just received an email from ECS that Bilstein are back in stock for a limited time for those that are waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I imagine Koni is loving it.

I know I'm loving my Koni sports now.

B8's were my original choice but I wasn't going to wait nearly a year for them.

Same. Did springs + yellows last week. Came out real nice. Not sure what about b8's would be worth waiting for vs koni. Lower price? I dunno.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
For me it's the same reason I didn't go coil-overs. Once I set them I'd never adjust them again so why bother paying extra for it? And the fact that you need to remove the rear Koni shocks to adjust their firmness is something I don't want to deal with. I just wanted a spring and shock kit designed to work together and the Bilstein B12 kit fits the bill for me.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Just received an email from ECS that Bilstein are back in stock for a limited time for those that are waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that sucks about ECS now is that they are charging sales tax for out of state purchases. I order stuff and have it shipped to Washington State to save shipping costs but now they're charging 10% sales tax. :(

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The thing that sucks about ECS now is that they are charging sales tax for out of state purchases. I order stuff and have it shipped to Washington State to save shipping costs but now they're charging 10% sales tax. :(

Yup...just happened on October 1st or something....a huge bummer, but what can you do except order elsewhere