GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

funks

Ready to race!
What lug bolts are you guys using? I've got some Hypergrams coming in and Konig's site says that they recommend the spline drive tuner style conical bolts. I'm looking to run a 5mm spacer on the rear and want to use some 33mm shank length bolts. Will standard type lug bolts work? The "tuner" style bolt head looks to be a bit narrower than the standard bolts.

Thx.

ECS Tuning - for Black Wheel Bolts

28mm Shank Length Conical Wheel bolts

ES#: 2130049 Mfg#: B13-ZNNITT

- or -

30mm Shank Length Conical Wheel bolts

ECS#: 2130050 Mfg#: C17D30-ZNNIT

landmarke

I went the Ampliforms, mounted on 245/40 Conti Extreme Contact DSW 06 tires. Stock suspension for now.

Ordered from Discount Tire Direct, the wheels aren't listed on the site but if you call they can order them. Only took 10 days from ordering over the phone until home delivery. Wheels were $194 each, with a instant $50 off coupon, so $726. Plus with the Labor Day rebate, a $145 rebate card coming.
The hub rings they included are metal, but they are loose, and don't stay seated in the wheel, ordering some new ones from Amazon.

Not sure why my images won't post, but here are links:

https://imgur.com/z9ssqbZ
https://imgur.com/Vma1mTW

Last edited:

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
I went the Ampliforms, mounted on 245/40 Conti Extreme Contact DSW 06 tires. Stock suspension for now.

Ordered from Discount Tire Direct, the wheels aren't listed on the site but if you call they can order them. Only took 10 days from ordering over the phone until home delivery. Wheels were $194 each, with a instant $50 off coupon, so $726. Plus with the Labor Day rebate, a $145 rebate card coming.
The hub rings they included are metal, but they are loose, and don't stay seated in the wheel, ordering some new ones from Amazon.

Let’s see them pics [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pwomble

Passed Driver's Ed

Where did you find the coupon and rebate info?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pwomble

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you guys with Ampliforms and VWR springs running spacers?

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Are you guys with Ampliforms and VWR springs running spacers?

I’m not. At one point I had a 3mm spacer on the rear. But there’s a small portion on the back edge on the passenger side of the rear bumper that was rubbing. So I took them off.

CozzaFrenzy808

I've been following this thread for a while and finally ordered my set of Ampliform's in Bronze with some Indy 500 245/40/18 from Fitment Industries. One of the options was to add the TPMS for $179. This is my first time buying aftermarket wheels.

My question is, is TPMS needed for these wheels/tires. I've read how the MK7's use Indirect TPMS vs Direct TPMS, but I am still unclear if I should have added that option while buying.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
No you do not need TPMS, the tire pressure is measured indirectly. Save the 180$ :)
I've been following this thread for a while and finally ordered my set of Ampliform's in Bronze with some Indy 500 245/40/18 from Fitment Industries. One of the options was to add the TPMS for $179. This is my first time buying aftermarket wheels.

My question is, is TPMS needed for these wheels/tires. I've read how the MK7's use Indirect TPMS vs Direct TPMS, but I am still unclear if I should have added that option while buying.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Got the wheels on. Not the best pic...I was sweating balls standing outside.

Stock 225/40/18 tires with Bilstein coilovers. 5mm spacer in the rear.

Last edited:

funks

Ready to race!
What did you guys pay for your Ampliform wheels (shipping, tax included)? (Somebody asked me via PM as I'm selling a Dark Graphite set but it doesn't make sense to ship as it'll end up costing more)..

I bought my Bronze set from BB-Wheel@eBay for 800$ shipped (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Konig-Ampl...3mm-/152971414691?vxp=mtr&hash=item239dce8ca3) - dropped ship from Konig. Heard people got lucky and got to use the occasional 15% off eBay coupon for some awesome savings.

Anybody else know where to get it cheaper? Would like to point the guy to it.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Got the wheels on. Not the best pic...I was sweating balls standing outside.

Stock 225/40/18 tires with Bilstein coilovers. 5mm spacer in the rear.

Looks good, do they come in 19s ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro