GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jb4 GTI vs 2017 Challenger Scatpack

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Not sure how I feel about the outcome of this race but it is what it is.....

30 roll each with a passenger on a slight uphill. Go on three honks and both get a clean start. Just about even to 60. Challenger starts very slowly pulling ahead and by 110 when we let off he had a car and a half on me.

Should I feel good about that outcome lol? He has 465hp in that 6.4l V8, but weighs almost 4500lbs. It was also 90+ degrees but I feel like my intercooler did it’s job even at that temp.

He said he was surprised I stayed with him that well and I guess I am too, although I half expected to pull on him given how fast my car feels and how big that challenger is.

Maybe it’s time for a tune and a turbo upgrade lol?!

mattd502

Ready to race!
Sounds about right to me I'd be pretty happy with the result, the scat packs are no joke the auto's trap at 116. Also they have 485 not 465 (not that it's a huge difference) but that's a lot of power even for the weight.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
That challenger “only” weighs 4082 pounds and is 485 horse.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Sounds about right to me I'd be pretty happy with the result, the scat packs are no joke the auto's trap at 116. Also they have 485 not 465 (not that it's a huge difference) but that's a lot of power even for the weight.

That challenger “only” weighs 4082 pounds and is 485 horse.

Ok, so not too bad then.
I am wondering what mod would put me out in front of him. Definitely a turbo upgrade, but I wonder if even just a software tune would do the trick at this point? I know the is20 runs out of steam anyway up top, so not sure how much I would have to gain without a turbo upgrade, even just the is38.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Ok, so not too bad then.
I am wondering what mod would put me out in front of him. Definitely a turbo upgrade, but I wonder if even just a software tune would do the trick at this point? I know the is20 runs out of steam anyway up top, so not sure how much I would have to gain without a turbo upgrade, even just the is38.

I think your best chance with your current mods would blended fuel and a protune.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
ive ran a scat pack with my is38 and he pulled on me...idk if he was lying about his mods or i have an issue but he beat me...id think is38 against a stock scat would walk it all day

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so not too bad then.

Definitely a tune. A downpipe or full exhaust will help you pick up some top end. Fueling mods and ethanol will give you even more midrange and top end. I'd do a turbo upgrade last once supporting mods are in place and would consider going bigger than an is38 unless you can swoop one up for cheap.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
ive ran a scat pack with my is38 and he pulled on me...idk if he was lying about his mods or i have an issue but he beat me...id think is38 against a stock scat would walk it all day

Definitely lying about his mods. I can smoke a scat pack in my stock turbo R.

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea i have a Protune On my Mk7 and i pull on Scat packs. I couldn't imagine having a is38 or meth.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
It’s probably a drivers race from a roll-scatpack vs custom tune 93oct is20 car. Add meth and or e85 and mk7 would win. Obviously a is38 should claim victory as well. Adding bolt ons to the 6.4 hemi might change the game so driver beware. But all in all, considering what a gti is designed for, the spool n power characteristics of a is20 turbo/2.0 liter displacement combo, id say the car does extremely well. To even give big displacement v8s a run for their money in a grocery getter is amazing

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s probably a drivers race from a roll-scatpack vs custom tune 93oct is20 car. Add meth and or e85 and mk7 would win. Obviously a is38 should claim victory as well. Adding bolt ons to the 6.4 hemi might change the game so driver beware. But all in all, considering what a gti is designed for, the spool n power characteristics of a is20 turbo/2.0 liter displacement combo, id say the car does extremely well. To even give big displacement v8s a run for their money in a grocery getter is amazing

??

DSMconvert1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE PP
Water meth and protune would be very helpful.
IS38 with a strong tune would walk him like a dog. I raced one at the drag strip and was 4 cars ahead at the finish (full interior, Unitronic w/o my stack tune) and I’m not a small guy