GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convenience open windows - doesn’t work

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
You'd have to press and hold the unlock button for 3 seconds for the windows to open. How likely is that to happen unintentionally?

I often leave my keys in my pocket, whether in the house or working outside the house. I have accidentally unlocked the car and set off the panic alarm a few times. I also have a 5yr old who likes to play with my keys. I know there are ways to avoid this, but all the same, I’d rather not have that function on my key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Very informative post. Thanks. Entire post could have been avoided by not posting.

I tend to agree. It's one thing when someone asks "what kind of oil should I use" or "how often should I change my oil" because clearly there are literally dozens of threads on these mundane questions.

But this is a not very common question... it's probably been asked just a few times, and it gets complicated because see what happens when you search for "comfort windows"-- you get 100s of posts about people mentioning how they activated remote comfort windows by VAG-COM. But try sifting through all of those for the specific problem the OP asked about... that would take some time.

For someone to add their opinion about whether or not the OP should have searched first just serves to bump the thread to the top, where it will be read by yet MORE people, so you become as much of the problem as the very act that you decry by posting. If the thread annoys someone or they find it irrelevant to their own needs, or they can't help the OP, why not just move on? Why feel the need to waste even more of your time and energy?

noragrets

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport, blue
Thread could have been avoided if the OP bothered to use the Search function.

It seems like you don’t want this forum to remain an active and engaging place, but would instead like the body of knowledge to stop where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I had the option enabled in the MFD but it didn't do anything. I went into Central Electronics / Adaptations /ZV Komfort and changed these values. Maybe I turned on too many? I used the suggested 5-digit pin. I can pinch or press the outside handle as well as hold the buttons on the fob to open and close. 2017 dsg sport.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Thread could have been avoided if the OP bothered to use the Search function.

The utility of the search function on a forum is inversely proportional to the amount of useless garbage threads that forum contains.

Mikael-VW

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf Highlin
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used 2018 VW Golf Highline (Canada model) and I was wondering if that model year has the automatic open/closed sunroof? When I open or close the sunroof from the inside, I need to hold the button until it is fully open. I owned a 2016 VW golf that had an automatic function, where I would press once and the sunroof would open fully.

I am now trying to use the Convenience Close function, where all windows and sunroof close when I hold my thumb on the driver handle, however nothing happens. All my other windows are automatic up and down. I'm starting to think that this has to do with the fact that the sunroof is not working automatically and that perhaps it needs to be fixed or re-calibrated?

I would really appreciate some advice/feedback on this!

Thanks in advance! :)

Mikael

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I recently purchased a used 2018 VW Golf Highline (Canada model) and I was wondering if that model year has the automatic open/closed sunroof? When I open or close the sunroof from the inside, I need to hold the button until it is fully open.

I don't have a sunroof in my car, but one-touch open/close is pretty standard on most cars these days. You may need to re-teach the sunroof what its range of motion should be, as follows:
1)With the sunroof completely closed, hold the open button, wait for it to open completely, and continue to hold the button in the open position for 10 seconds after it's completely opened.
2)Hold the sunroof close button while the sunroof closes completely, and continue to hold for 10 seconds after it's completely shut.

After that, try the one-touch and see if it works. The button may require slightly more pressure than just cracking it open, as it is with the window switches. If the one-touch operation starts, but then stops midway through the cycle, there is an obstruction or something that is causing it to encounter greater resistance than it is programmed for, engaging the anti-pinch function. If so, try lubricating the tracks.

The same procedure works if the one-touch feature stops working on one of the windows.

Mikael-VW

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf Highlin
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used 2018 VW Golf Highline (Canada model) and I was wondering if that model year has the automatic open/closed sunroof? When I open or close the sunroof from the inside, I need to hold the button until it is fully open. I owned a 2016 VW golf that had an automatic function, where I would press once and the sunroof would open fully.

I am now trying to use the Convenience Close function, where all windows and sunroof close when I hold my thumb on the driver handle, however nothing happens. All my other windows are automatic up and down. I'm starting to think that this has to do with the fact that the sunroof is not working automatically and that perhaps it needs to be fixed or re-calibrated?

I would really appreciate some advice/feedback on this!

Thanks in advance! :)

Mikael
WOW! I just did exactly what you explained and it worked!! I'm sooo happy, this made my day lol. I love my car even more now, and I love this VW Community.

thanks! :)

remedy

Car(s)
VW Polo
If convenience open isn't working for you;

It seems that 1-push (a single hard button push then the window auto winds down/up) must be enabled on all of your windows/sunroofs (anything that will be included in the convenience open procedure). However, your car will disable 1-push without telling you in certain situations such as if you attempt to 1-push when your windows are frozen or there's any other obstruction, so you'll need to re-enable it for any that are bust.

Re-enable it on any windows that aren't 1-push by;
  • Fully open the window by holding the button
  • Press the open button once more and hold it for 5 seconds to reset the opened position
  • Fully close the window by holding the button
  • Press the close button once more and hold it for 5 seconds to reset the closed position
1-push will now be enabled on that particular window. Simply repeat it for any windows/sunroofs that need it then get out, lock your car, press and hold unlock on your key fob and ... convenience open works again.