GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dallas VW Owners

TarmacDaddy

Ready to race!
i always see a few modded VW's and an STI hanging out in the Colony shopping center with Rock Fish restaurant and across from Kroger off of Main.

is it any of you?

Also scroll up a few posts, there are more references to Rotolo's Wednesday meet there as well.

\w/

Ready to race!
Also scroll up a few posts, there are more references to Rotolo's Wednesday meet there as well.

Not sure how I missed it, I'm a frequent visitor to taps and caps haha. Maybe I'll swing by this Wednesday

Capt

Hey y'all I was looking at a white modified two door S that's up at autonation Ford in Frisco. It looks to have a stage 2 tune, catback, springs, forge bov, forge twintercooler, and BFI shiftknob. Does anyone know the history of this car?

I know it's a longshot, but I don't want to walk into someone's money pit.

Thanks for the help!

Festivus1

Passed Driver's Ed
Are the meets still occurring? I am complete GTI newbie and will probably be leaving my GTI stock for the near term, but I'd still like to see other folks' cars and learn more about their mods.

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!
Are the meets still occurring? I am complete GTI newbie and will probably be leaving my GTI stock for the near term, but I'd still like to see other folks' cars and learn more about their mods.

I'm not sure - I've never been to one either. The "North Texas Volkswagen Audi Group" Facebook group seems to be active. Most of this activity is on social media now.

fahrenheit.981

Ready to race!
2016 Golf R (Lapiz Blue/DSG/DCC/Nav) here! I also have a 2007 GTI (Fahrenheit) that's currently being neglected. Anyway, I'm in the McKinney/Plano/Frisco area and would like to participate in some meet & greets!

kairojya

Passed Driver's Ed
2016 GTi here in McK

455 and Ida rd are my playground.

Q

I go for drives in that area on most weekends, though I live in Richardson. 546, 1827, 470 (GTI is perfect for this one I think), 545, 474, 2862, 697 (Ida rd?), 898, 455 (love this one!), and just tried 372 this past weekend, it was great!

I hope to make a weekend trip to Austin sometime this year and drive "The Three Sisters". I haven't lived in Texas long, and haven't made it outside of Dallas yet.

Dr. Q

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi, Miata, F150
I go for drives in that area on most weekends, though I live in Richardson. 546, 1827, 470 (GTI is perfect for this one I think), 545, 474, 2862, 697 (Ida rd?), 898, 455 (love this one!), and just tried 372 this past weekend, it was great!

I hope to make a weekend trip to Austin sometime this year and drive "The Three Sisters". I haven't lived in Texas long, and haven't made it outside of Dallas yet.

I drove through the three sisters last fall and found it disappointing, especially after my trip the Deal's gap / TN and WV.

Cheers

Q

kairojya

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove through the three sisters last fall and found it disappointing, especially after my trip the Deal's gap / TN and WV.

Cheers

Q

Thanks for the info, I imagine I'd think the same. I've done US129 and surrounding roads when I used to live in FL, in a Mazdaspeed3 and GT-R I've had in the past. Insane roads!! I'd like to do a road trip there in my GTI, but I think I will plan a trip to Colorado first as I've never been. I'm sure there are some great roads there.

I'd be down for a group drive of our fun roads here north of Dallas sometime.

Dr. Q

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi, Miata, F150
Thanks for the info, I imagine I'd think the same. I've done US129 and surrounding roads when I used to live in FL, in a Mazdaspeed3 and GT-R I've had in the past. Insane roads!! I'd like to do a road trip there in my GTI, but I think I will plan a trip to Colorado first as I've never been. I'm sure there are some great roads there.

I'd be down for a group drive of our fun roads here north of Dallas sometime.

Lunch time romp on 455 & New hope Rd if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Q

Lunch time romp on 455 & New hope Rd if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Q

A lot of bikes ride those roads so please be careful not to cross the center! :)

I'm in the Dallas area but I'm still working on getting the Golf. Working with Ford to term my lease early due to the seatbelt recall and no parts available but so far not having much luck. I'll have a Golf by July either way though.