GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car starts then has rough idle then dies

vdubguy29

Ready to race!
So 4 weeks ago roughly my 2015 Gti with 103,000 miles, the fuel pump went out on it. It died while driving home and threw some codes. And refused to start. Took it to VW and they fixed it. Fast forward to last week I’m sitting in my car for lunch and car starts idling weird and then dies. It started and then would die while idling horrible. It did this 4 more times and it was end of lunch. 3 hours lasted I go to try and start it and it starts up fine then idles perfect like nothing happened. Battery checked out fine. I turned it off and started it back up 4 more times and let it run. Perfect maybe some bad gas, had 40 miles left till empty. Everything is running fine until yesterday. I’m down to about 1/4 tank left and I’m backing out of my car and engine just dies. And I tried starting it again and it turns over and cranks for several seconds and it finally started but running like shit then dies all within 4 seconds of starting. It does this 2 more times then on the third it just won’t start. It turns over but won’t start and is throwing zero codes. I come back out 5 hours later and boom starts right up but smells weird. So I have no clue what is wrong and my car shield warranty doesn’t start for another 19 days and I’m scared to drive it. Any ideas before I tow to VW tomorrow?