GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Erikwithak05

Thanks to this thread I'm runnin' some noteable gains over map2. Thanks for all the time you folks put into this forum, seriously, thank you!

I have the 3AD2 code that pops up no matter what though....always has. I erase it and boom, right back again, car running or not. My trims float around 35, never get higher than 39. What am I doing wrong? I have no O2 sensor codes or anything else, just 3AD2, all the time, even when just running Map2. What gives?

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks to this thread I'm runnin' some noteable gains over map2. Thanks for all the time you folks put into this forum, seriously, thank you!

I have the 3AD2 code that pops up no matter what though....always has. I erase it and boom, right back again, car running or not. My trims float around 35, never get higher than 39. What am I doing wrong? I have no O2 sensor codes or anything else, just 3AD2, all the time, even when just running Map2. What gives?

What is your FOL set at? If it is set at 60 and you are running pumpgas only lower it to 50 and log to check trimlevels.

Erikwithak05

Thanks :) I will reset my FOL to 50 and run some logs on my way home from work in a few.

Current map6 settings I'm playing with. Cooler temps FTW :p

1500 - 17
2000 - 19
2500 - 21
3000 - 23
3500 - 24
4000 - 24
4500 - 24
5000 - 22
5500 - 21
6000 - 20
6500 - 18
7000 - 16

frankiedubbz

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick one.
If I disconnect the jb4 obd plug for doing some scan while the car is parked, will it loose the adaptation?

Tks.
N.

Enviado do meu E5823 através do Tapatalk
Just don't recommend doing it while engine is on. My rpms start fluctuating bad and car seems to almost stall out. One time car actually did stall out 5 times like i would try to turn on and then just stalled until I reflashed the firmware

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nunex

Passed Driver's Ed
Just don't recommend doing it while engine is on. My rpms start fluctuating bad and car seems to almost stall out. One time car actually did stall out 5 times like i would try to turn on and then just stalled until I reflashed the firmware

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the hint.
N.

Enviado do meu E5823 através do Tapatalk

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Installed a jb1 yesterday. Can i go balls to the wall or is there any sort of break in period for it?

Apologies if there is a dedicated jb1 thread,. If its out there i couldnt locate it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GTI210

Ready to race!
Ok, so I have a rev 1 JB1.

If I wanted to get the bluetoof connect kit, I know I would need to get the kit with the grey shell since I have the older, wider case. But what if I'm also wanting to do the JB4 upgrade...does that change which bluetoof connect kit I need? I'm pretty sure it doesn't but just want to make sure before purchasing.

I set it to Map 2 shortly after install and haven't really touched it since but just got a FMIC and DP so want to start playing with Map 6.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Since I installed my new to me JB1 saturday, my infotainment system has been intermittently freezing and rebooting every now and then. Could the JB1 be causing this somehow, or just a coincidence?

Dannicuss

Passed Driver's Ed
Does fuel bias need to be set to 100 in user settings once you install JB4? I see default is 0 and the OP mentions 100, but I'm not clear on if this is a global setting or if its for just map 6.

If this is an initial setting, what other settings need to be changed from the start just to run maps like 1 or 2?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Does fuel bias need to be set to 100 in user settings once you install JB4? I see default is 0 and the OP mentions 100, but I'm not clear on if this is a global setting or if its for just map 6.

If this is an initial setting, what other settings need to be changed from the start just to run maps like 1 or 2?

They all need to be 100 regardless of map. Set fuel open loop to 50.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

The values Diggs mentioned are global settings so those will affect map 1 and map 2. Check to see what your boost safety is and set it to around 25.
If its a new unit it sounds like via Bluetooth connect (happens sometimes) with a bad handshake the JB4 reset the values to 0.

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
I recently acquired a JB4 for my MK7.5. Where are you guys mounting the box? Also, when you remove it for dealer visits do you disconnect the battery? Do you completely remove the OBD cable or just leave it going through the firewall and tuck it? Thanks! Hoping to have it in by next week

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I recently acquired a JB4 for my MK7.5. Where are you guys mounting the box? Also, when you remove it for dealer visits do you disconnect the battery? Do you completely remove the OBD cable or just leave it going through the firewall and tuck it? Thanks! Hoping to have it in by next week

Shove in between ECU and battery
yes
your choice. id tuck it behind the carpet and bury it behind the battery. they wont go snooping for it.