GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New product: Whiteline aluminum LCAs

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yea, I think I'm gonna sit these out too after seeing some info in the threads about the Superpro arms.

I know absolutely nothing about track, or even high-performance driving for that matter. But is the typical market for people running aftermarket aluminum control arms a market that typically runs stock width wheels and tires?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elwood

3-7-77
I just had the KTA262 LCA installed on my 2017 Mk7 Golf. There was one small problem. The studs on the lower ball joint weren't long enough to provide sufficient grip length after going through the LCA. The part number for the ball joint on the GTI and R models is different and, when installed, provided plenty of grip length to properly torque the nuts.

The literature for the KTA262 stated that the LCA would provide an additional 2.5 degrees of caster. I got an additional 1.5 degrees (which is fine).

Unless you already have issues with rubbing, this won't make it rub.

Benefits are as noted above. On-center feel is much improved, too.

Elwood

3-7-77
I'm running stock 16s. I don't think you'd get in trouble unless your tires were really wide. Whiteline states they tested the LCAs with 19" OEM wheels and didn't have any issues.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Stock height also?

My stock 16s were quite narrow. I assume their tests with OEM 19" wheels would be the Golf R which are 19x8 I believe. My tires on 17s are a close match in width and height. But the Golf R wheels are ET50. I will be at ET37 eventually and that was my concern.

I thought the sale was only through September but Rallysport still shows them at 25% off. And if you only saw 1.5 degrees caster these are back into consideration. I'm also lowered right now but I'm likely going back to stock height. I haven't scraped yet but I miss not having to think about my entry/exit angles for parking garages in LA.

Edit: Just went to Whiteline's website for some info. I didn't realize they have 2 models. The KTA252 claims to add 2deg caster. The KTA262 claims to add 2.5deg which I think would be too much for a lot of us. The KTA252, offering less caster is the model on sale at Rallysport. Whiteline also lists the Audi S3 as applicable fitment so it should be okay with the aluminum subframe as well.

Last edited:

Elwood

3-7-77

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Has anyone else installed these? I'm looking into the + 2 degree version but given I'm running a somewhat aggressive wheel fitment I don't want to run into rubbing issues.

Moderately lowered on coils, 18x9 et 45 w/ 5mm spacers and 235/40 tires.

Scala

Ready to race!
So... who is the target customer? As I said, I'm out of my wheelhouse here but ideally what's the setup for someone wanting to run these?

The customer is on 225/40R18 tires on max. 8X18 ET45 rims and has OE spring height and rate. The Whiteline website does a very good job explaining what the design parameters are:

https://whitelineperformance.com/products/vw-golf-mk7-control-arm

The Superpro product is for the 235/40R19 on 8.5X19 and lower springs and those would will definitely rub with Caster above 1°.

The Whiteline are available with 2° or 2.5° Caster. Since my wheels are 8.5X18 ET45 I played it safe and ordered the 2°. A 21.7mm rear sway bar should maximize the feedback effect that I'm after.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Makes sense. I did some later research and saw that the white ones are offered with 2 caster options, the website is very informative.

I'm on 235/45R17 so a little bit wider and taller. I'm at ET37 which is a concern. But I'll be at stock Golf TDI height, not sure by how much but definitely higher than the GTI/R. I'm thinking I would be okay at 2° caster.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Scala

Ready to race!
At present my GTI Mk7 is on 8.5X18 ET45 wheels with 225/40R18 tires but soon it'll be on 8X17 ET48 with 235/45R17. The car is not lowered.

Maybe the 2.5° version would clear but I played it safe and ordered the 2.0°. Once installed I'll post the clearance measurements if it is not too late for you.

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
So what’s the verdict on these?

Looking at suspension upgrades and ran across these. Whiteline products I have used in the past were solid. Why so little fanfare?

https://whitelineperformance.com/collections/control-arm/products/vw-golf-mk7-control-arm-1

With 034 and Superpro strut mounts you get an additional 1.4/5 negative camber, but with probable increase in NVH.

Superpro LCAs- increase in castor and negative camber. awesome but $800 is alot of money

Superpro Control Arm Bushings- increasemin castor with dynamic camber. PITA to install without press

These Whiteline Control Arms seem like a good value at $430 on Ebay. Increase castor by 2 degrees, -.3 camber, and I guess the increased castor creates dynamic camber while turning.

I want to hear more. Anybody have anything to say about these?