GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed Maxton MK7 Rear Spoiler

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
IMO, it blends better with the window spoilers if it's installed closer to the edge of the top spoiler.

I had mine on for a few months, removed it due to being unsure if I was going to keep it and due to wanting to try it closer to the edge of the lip.

Without it, the rear looked naked to me and I missed it not being there. With it installed further back, I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO, it blends better with the window spoilers if it's installed closer to the edge of the top spoiler.

I had mine on for a few months, removed it due to being unsure if I was going to keep it and due to wanting to try it closer to the edge of the lip.

Without it, the rear looked naked to me and I missed it not being there. With it installed further back, I couldn't be happier.

Huh interesting, I kept mine pushed back away from the edge as I didn't like the added gap on the bottom between the Maxton and factory spoiler. Tried to keep it as flush as possible but your way makes more sense now since nobody will see that bottom part, but the edges are noticeable.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

Any pictures of it installed farther back?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I liked mine.
Try a gloss black roof to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Yeah that is a love it or hate it part of the lip for sure. I didn't want something that wrapped around as I felt it looked off from a side profile view (ala the V2 which does wrap fully).

The V2 does wrap around the corner of the wing...but it just stops short of the end...leaving a small gap. Not sure why they just don't have it extend all the way to the end.

I'm thinking about getting the V2 and filling in the gap with some black vinyl.

racerx20

Ready to race!
I like the way mine looks with the Maxton but my car is black so it blends in better.

DJinAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great! Our cars could be twins.

Hockey

Ready to race!
Anyone have any more pictures of this one?

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Figured I would take a few more pics, since this will be one of the last few nice weekends and I need to give my wife a cost justification for the expensive camera hah.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 717
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 762

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd