GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 08-29-2018, 09:53 PM   #2908
Deviation01

Drives: 2015 GTI
If anyone is interested I have a set of almost brand new ones. They were on my car for about 1k miles. No scratches or anything. If you dont want to wait for shipping from Europe buy mine. $500 shipped. PM me Reason for sale is I sold the car.
Alfonzo (Howards replacement) 2015 White PP DCC GTI (Put in production 04/28/2015): COBB 5150, Passat powered IS38, APR IS38 DSG file, REMARK Turbo Back Exhaust, IE IC, HPA dogbone mount, Torque Solutions Engine Mount, UBQ, 034 Rear Sway Bar, MST full intake.
https://www.youtube.com/c/RevnStep
Deviation01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #2909
xmonkey

Drives: 2017 GTI SE DSG
Finished installing these this weekend and they're just too cool. I was surprised at how bright the amber is, but I feel like the brake LED brightness could be a bit higher. Overall these are one of the best upgrades I've done to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0sh View Post
For everyone with these fitted, do your taillights do the sequential motion even when parked? Mine seem to only work as a normal turn signal when parked.
I've got the DAP harness and mine sweep when it's parked, if you're referring to the left and right blinker controls.

Also if I'm unlocking/locking the car they do different things depending on the action (and what the previous action was), but part of it does trigger a sweep and it seems a little quicker than the turn signals go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshlyk View Post
In my case, I could not connect one of the outer lights to DAP harness. Factory connector was yellow (other connectors are black) and it would not fit because one of the grooves was reversed. I had to remove bump with the utility knife on DAP harness to fit it.
I also had to shave down a brown connector on my car, for me it was the driver side inner. Kind of annoying as the directions don't really mention it and neither does the video from what I recall.
xmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:52 PM   #2910
scottycruz

Drives: 2015 Golf R
Sorry if this has been covered...I own a 2015 golf R and a little confused with the whole wiring harness thing.

"If you already have the MK7 OEM LED tails and a harness from DAP/BEC/etc, these will not work with the new tails as the connectors have changed. You will need a new harness found below."

if I'm understanding correctly, if I buy a harness from DAP then it won't work with these tail lights but according to the first post, I will need a DAP harness...unless the new DAP harness has the new upgraded connector for these tail lights?
scottycruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #2911
NeedSleep

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottycruz View Post
Sorry if this has been covered...I own a 2015 golf R and a little confused with the whole wiring harness thing.

"If you already have the MK7 OEM LED tails and a harness from DAP/BEC/etc, these will not work with the new tails as the connectors have changed. You will need a new harness found below."

if I'm understanding correctly, if I buy a harness from DAP then it won't work with these tail lights but according to the first post, I will need a DAP harness...unless the new DAP harness has the new upgraded connector for these tail lights?
There's a harness for Mk7 tail lights and a harness for Mk7.5 (facelift) tail lights. Make sure you get the latter, as the former won't work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #2912
ecsta

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSleep View Post
There's a harness for Mk7 tail lights and a harness for Mk7.5 (facelift) tail lights. Make sure you get the latter, as the former won't work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Then there's also the mk7.5 light harness for the mk7's vs the mk7.5 light harness for the mk7.5s haha

Not confusing at all if you've read the last 100 or so pages though
ecsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:25 AM   #2913
snakcaz

Drives: Volkswagen 2015 GTI , Honda Fit 2012
So I got a set of the Chinese MK7.5s for a pretty good price. Uses an unknown cheap harness, but i believe would still work.

Heres the link to what they look like.

Any one have luck with these and coding?
http://s.aliexpress.com/rQFNZfEV?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
snakcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #2914
KingKhan

Drives: GTI
finally placed my order for a set. Can't wait till they come in.
KingKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #2915
KingKhan

Drives: GTI
Finally got my set, but a couple lights came broken. One was chipped and another had a plastic tab that was broken off.

Contacted e-acca, hopefully this will be a painless process to get a replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
KingKhan is offline   Reply With Quote