GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keep radio on after turning ignition off

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Any other possibilities to keep the radio on. Is is tied to the Bluetooth connection?
No. I found how to keep it on after turning off the ignition but it remains on after opening the door. You have to manually turn it off every time.

It's not tied to the BT connection.

datdiguy

No. I found how to keep it on after turning off the ignition but it remains on after opening the door. You have to manually turn it off every time.

It's not tied to the BT connection.
What are the settings to do this and is my OBDELEVEN all I need for my 15 Golf Sportwagen (it was made in early 2015)

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Two things I can confirm since my last post: the difference is definitely '15 KESSY MIB1 vs MIB2 or standard key.

Also, while the head unit will power-on with the ignition off, it won't connect to Bluetooth until you re-engage the ignition (accessory mode) - or actually start the car. Makes that approach useless.

Back to square one, and I'm far removed from coding savvy on these cars. If somebody figures out the coding for MIB1 systems with Fender sound, I will buy you several beers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Not gonna help towards a solution but it's not a KESSY specific issue. My '15 TDI S, non KESSY, behaved the same way until I retrofitted MIB II.

Maybe it's just NAR MIB I vs II. Coming from an Mk4 it was very annoying that the radio would turn off with the ignition in my "new" car. With MIB II radio stays on until I take the key out. Bluetooth also stays on although the mic turns off after a few minutes. Have to turn key "on" if I want sit in the car and talk on the phone.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, it seems like it's an NAR MIB I issue. Haven't found anything in VCDS or the engineering menus on the MIB I itself that resolves the issue.

Torquey

on_the_overrun
Just got my OBDEleven and this was one of the first things I was hoping to do on my '15 Golf (MIB1 + KESSY). Looks like I should get ready to be disappointed :(

Sambram

Car(s)
Golf TDI
Ok, so my solution is actually to turn your car off (push start), then take your foot off the brake and again push Start and all your electronics will come on. Hope this helps!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Bump...

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
It can't be done. As was pointed out in post #16, even if you use coding to force power to remain on after ignition shut off, you still have to manually power it off every time. As for post #27, that's not a solution for an uninterrupted audio.

Just swap out for MIB2 and you'll never look back.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
It can't be done. As was pointed out in post #16, even if you use coding to force power to remain on after ignition shut off, you still have to manually power it off every time. As for post #27, that's not a solution for an uninterrupted audio.

Just swap out for MIB2 and you'll never look back.

If you use coding to leave it on after key out, it will still be on a 30 minute timer and will eventually shut off.