GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Golf R Owners - Dogbone worth it?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Also, check YouTube for reviews on those inserts. It’s one of the best bangs for your buck in the platform.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I highly recommend the APR insert, it is steel vs aluminum and should be less prone to bending or get a poly insert. Also do not take it off every time you go to the dealer unless you want to keep a stock of the bolt that goes through it on hand. It's a stretch bolt and if you reuse it too much, it will break. They are only like $6.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
I highly recommend the APR insert, it is steel vs aluminum and should be less prone to bending or get a poly insert. Also do not take it off every time you go to the dealer unless you want to keep a stock of the bolt that goes through it on hand. It's a stretch bolt and if you reuse it too much, it will break. They are only like $6.

I removed my 034 insert and replaced it with the APR insert, a lot more NVH experienced. Did you feel a lot more vibration when idling? With the 034 never felt this much vibration before, might end up switching them out again or raise the idle rpm.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I removed my 034 insert and replaced it with the APR insert, a lot more NVH experienced. Did you feel a lot more vibration when idling? With the 034 never felt this much vibration before, might end up switching them out again or raise the idle rpm.

I swapped from a CTS insert (same as 034) to the BFI poly insert, but I also did the motor and trans mount at the same time, so there was quite a bit more NVH, but I can't blame it on the insert. The aluminum insert I took out was definitely shot though.

Morphine

Ready to race!
I would rather have a rhinoceros lay eggs in my ear then put any one of these on.

They are great if you want your car to feel and sound like a tractor.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
If you install it right it will not have much NVH if any. The problem with 034 is it bends and cracks over time. My first one was replaced under warranty, the second one is still in and it looks like it is slightly bent too. As far as is it worth it? Definitely yes, especially if you like to push your car, IMO.