GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Akimmel, your past me, and I am not worried at all. We are going to get maybe 10" of rain over the course of 3 days. Its more than the city system is used to, but nothing that will cause drastic flooding.

Be prepared, that's really all. We charged up all of our battery packs, made sure everything is on surge protectors, and turned 2 of my kegs into water storage, in case the water lines get contaminated.

As far as the cars go, we are in a low area but I am not too concerned. If I start to see any flooding, I will try to move the car to the grocery store on the hill across the street.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Thanks for the input guys. We have jugs of water, batteries, and canned/dry food so I think we should be good to go.

Edit: forgot to add my clubsport S muffler shipped the other day! Never had a car with a "loud" exhaust before so I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Time for a Hurricane Party!!!!

Seriously, we should be ok up here. Lots of rain, maybe some wind. Problem will be where the ground is saturated and drainage is poor. Obviously avoid those areas. Ask around and find out location of the areas that are flood-prone. Hopefully its not your living room.

Should prepare as with any disaster. Have water, food, shelter, and alternate power sources. Let folks know whats going on and have them check on you from time to time. Can't count how many times I've had to respond to calls regarding this last point.

I'm on call this weekend so crossing my fingers that my issued raingear holds out :D. Stay safe everyone.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
So that was about the most overhyped event I have ever been through... literally a light drizzle of rain for 48 hours. Not even enough wind to alter the course of a housefly.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
New Golf owner in the Charlotte/Waxhaw NC area checking in :)

Attachments

• 1-Tint.JPG
    1-Tint.JPG
    672.1 KB · Views: 178

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
New Golf owner in the Charlotte/Waxhaw NC area checking in :)

Congratulations to your new ride in an Golf R ! [emoji846][emoji106]
Lapiz blue is my favorite color for the Golf family anyway!

Sad that the GTI or wagons does not come in this beautiful color.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
So that was about the most overhyped event I have ever been through... literally a light drizzle of rain for 48 hours. Not even enough wind to alter the course of a housefly.

Well, you DO know that the weather folks are on the take from the milk, bread, and generator makers, right?

Didn't have to use the raingear, but boy did my blender get a workout, making, what else? Hurricanes :D

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Congratulations to your new ride in an Golf R ! [emoji846][emoji106]
Lapiz blue is my favorite color for the Golf family anyway!

Sad that the GTI or wagons does not come in this beautiful color.

Thanks!

Well, you DO know that the weather folks are on the take from the milk, bread, and generator makers, right?

Didn't have to use the raingear, but boy did my blender get a workout, making, what else? Hurricanes :D

Between the 2 dozen cupcakes my wife made and all the alcohol, I think I gained 5 pounds being stuck inside with the wife and kids.

Excellent color choice!

Thanks! There were white, black and blue 6MT Rs here in Charlotte, all for about the same price. I've had so many black cars, I wanted something different for a change.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Love the Lapiz too, wish they offer it on GTIs. Or a US spec R Variant ;).

Charlotte, looks purty. Even with the pinwheels.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Are people still in for the drive on 10/6? waffle house in seneca works for me as well. What time should we meet?

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Are people still in for the drive on 10/6? waffle house in seneca works for me as well. What time should we meet?

I would love to, but some friends said they are coming into town. I might see if he wants to go for a ride, he drives an E46 and might want to make the run. That will give an excuse for the ladies to do their own thing in the morning.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I would love to, but some friends said they are coming into town. I might see if he wants to go for a ride, he drives an E46 and might want to make the run. That will give an excuse for the ladies to do their own thing in the morning.

Let us know when ya can as this seems to be fizzling out on interest. If it's a bust, I'd like to be able to make other plans for a drive or GTG.