GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R 7.5 TCU Tune

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
ED emailed back yesterday asking for my VIN, which I sent them. Haven't heard back yet, but I will post up when I do. It would be pretty challenging to launch at the drag strip with the current behavior.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
I had mine do it at the drag strip. I reflashed it but nothing has changed. It still auto up shifts in manual. Only shows D and S without the gear and launch control will rev past 4k after a few seconds. The launch is definitely more aggressive the stock.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Eurodyne asked if I had any fault codes and confirmed RPM's should hold steady at 4k rpm. I told him no lights or anything, so I haven't checked for codes and I mentioned there are two more individuals in this thread experiencing the same behavior.

He said that he will try and get their 2018 test car back to see if he can recreate the issue.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Eurodyne asked if I had any fault codes and confirmed RPM's should hold steady at 4k rpm. I told him no lights or anything, so I haven't checked for codes and I mentioned there are two more individuals in this thread experiencing the same behavior.

He said that he will try and get their 2018 test car back to see if he can recreate the issue.

Awesome. Its like the clutch slips after holding for more than a few seconds....I typically time the light and start revving on the first yellow.

ASRman

Sorry, WOT post shift torque drop that occurs only in automatic mode. Doesn't happen when shifting manually with paddles or lever.

Getting the same issue. 7 Speed R and HO custom tuned. Any result in getting this rectified? Notice it more on a slight incline and changing into 5th. Cooler weather seems to have brought it on moreso.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Getting the same issue. 7 Speed R and HO custom tuned. Any result in getting this rectified? Notice it more on a slight incline and changing into 5th. Cooler weather seems to have brought it on moreso.

Ditto.

Other than the overrev using launch control, the tune seems good.

Did anyone run adaptation after they flashed?

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
I did last weekend. Shift were harsher and it held gears for a little longer but now it feels like it did before i did the adaption

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
No solution here.

So after going big turbo, it turns out the ED tcu tune does not increase clamping force.

The shop stated that without a TCU tune (a proper one), I cannot get rid of the boggy launch with my BOSS 600 kit.

The thing is this....The car does feel like its making the same torque down low so why would the tranny be my limiting factor and not boost build up and RPM?

They suggested I wait until UM comes out with there TCU tune in a few months.... At the moment, my car bogs on when using launch control (as if no boost is available)...

Mother

Go Kart Newbie

Emailed this morning to follow up and actually got a pretty quick response... not an encouraging one though, as they are "still trying to get the DQ381 test car back."

Two months since I emailed about it and they haven't even gotten the test car there to look at or test.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So after going big turbo, it turns out the ED tcu tune does not increase clamping force.

The shop stated that without a TCU tune (a proper one), I cannot get rid of the boggy launch with my BOSS 600 kit.

The thing is this....The car does feel like its making the same torque down low so why would the tranny be my limiting factor and not boost build up and RPM?

They suggested I wait until UM comes out with there TCU tune in a few months.... At the moment, my car bogs on when using launch control (as if no boost is available)...

Eurocode and Pag parts are TVS Enginering dealers in the US. Their stage 3 DQ 381 tune holds up to 700 nm or 516 ft lbs.