GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTI SE 8400 Miles APR 1 Stage $21,500

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Found this locally, it is a manual. I was in the market for a 2018, but this price looks good with a tune, the only thing I will be missing is the extended warranty with the 2018. Also I really wanted the Fender and had been debating between the 2018 SE and Autobahn.

The exterior is a black and I wanted a white, the black looks good but hard to keep it clean.

Please let me know your thoughts before I commit.

Thanks,
Shree

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Tuned and warranty don't go together so you might want to look into that.

Tuned and manual might not go together depending on how you drive, or possibly how this car was already driven. Many people encounter clutch slippage after tuning the manual, not everyone, but enough to take note of.

I'd honestly be pretty wary of this car.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Price doesn't suck, for sure. But you won't have a warranty, and you'll need a new clutch ($1K minimum, assuming you don't do your own work). Get a 2018 SE and get the Helix soundbox from someone online selling it secondhand. Better system than Fender, and you can pocket the difference, granted you don't mind forsaking DCC and dual zone climate control

cb1111

We know that mods reduce the value of a car but most people who mod price their car higher if it has mods.

Accordingly, we need to ask ourselves "why is this a very reasonably priced car? Perhaps the current owner knows something we don't."

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Tuned and warranty don't go together so you might want to look into that.

Tuned and manual might not go together depending on how you drive, or possibly how this car was already driven. Many people encounter clutch slippage after tuning the manual, not everyone, but enough to take note of.

I'd honestly be pretty wary of this car.

Hi, he said the warranty is still good, thanks for the heads up. We met after I posted and the car is still almost new and did not experience any slippage, but I did not push it too hard. The shifting was like a butter and he swore there is nothing with the car, he even was ready to drop another $500. Later ordered a carfax and found back in April there were several damages fixed all over the car and the roof. Called him back and he accepted it was a hail damage and it was fixed with a reputable company. But I was little taken back as he should have disclosed.

Even when I went to look at it, the new White Silver, the extended warranty of 2018 was dancing around my eyes, but made up my mind since this was a good price. But after seeing the carfax, decided to back off.

Thank you

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Price doesn't suck, for sure. But you won't have a warranty, and you'll need a new clutch ($1K minimum, assuming you don't do your own work). Get a 2018 SE and get the Helix soundbox from someone online selling it secondhand. Better system than Fender, and you can pocket the difference, granted you don't mind forsaking DCC and dual zone climate control

Now we know why the price did not suck :) Good idea getting a 2018 SE and an after market sub. Thanks for your reply.

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed
We know that mods reduce the value of a car but most people who mod price their car higher if it has mods.

Accordingly, we need to ask ourselves "why is this a very reasonably priced car? Perhaps the current owner knows something we don't."

Exactly, :D, I did ask myself after I test drove, so came home and pulled the carfax, found the answer.

Thanks.

GTI210

Ready to race!
What did you find in the carfax?

sailakfan

Passed Driver's Ed
What did you find in the carfax?

Damage to almost all the panels including the roof which is probably the hail damage. The seller fixed it with a local shop, but when I test drove if I had known, would have paid more attention to the refinish details. Before I ordered the carfax, the seller swore there is no damage in the carfax.