GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Accessport and Stage 1, Stage 1+, and Stage 2 Power Packages!

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
About a decade head start ;) I completely understand wanting a different solution since TCM tuning is already available. Maybe we can win you back down the road.

Kyle@COBB

agree with liljonny - this really is a perfect response.

I've run the AP on both Subaru and BMW platforms, with varying degrees of satisfaction. I'm really hoping Cobb is supporting VW platforms for the long haul...

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
About a decade head start ;) I completely understand wanting a different solution since TCM tuning is already available. Maybe we can win you back down the road.

Kyle@COBB

I’m a huge Cobb fan. This is the fourth car I have used Cobb for Tuning. I love my Accessport. unfortunately it’s my first DSG Transmissions and it’s starting to slip after Tuning on e30 and I don’t want to go APR, but I really need to get a TCU Tune. Once you guys are done with your DSG tune, if it’s as good as I hope it is, I may just pay for it and go back to full Cobb Tuning.

2014GTI

Ready to race!
Anyone install the stage 3 Cobb ie stage 2 with DSG on the golf r. Or anyone use the DSG tune at all. Looking for feedback.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
I'm running the dsg tune sport flash and I love it compared to own. Shifts are much crisper and downshifts no longer have any jerkiness it's instant. Clamping pressure is upped, shift points are about 500 rpm higher than stock and it's always in the powerband now as well as correct gear. Definitely worth it. And I am running the cobb stage 2 93 and sometimes the MAPERFORMANCE stage 1 tune.

funks

Ready to race!
Any date on when the DSG tunes will be available for the 7-speed (2018R's)?

I purchased a COBB AP but haven't installed it yet (as that would mean voiding my warranty). Willing to void my warranty once the DSG tune is out for the 7-speed (I know it's out of the 6-speed DSG's).

RigWig

Passed Driver's Ed
Any date on when the DSG tunes will be available for the 7-speed (2018R's)?

I purchased a COBB AP but haven't installed it yet (as that would mean voiding my warranty). Willing to void my warranty once the DSG tune is out for the 7-speed (I know it's out of the 6-speed DSG's).

+1 on this

RigWig

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for you guys,

What's the difference between the engine oil temp that's reported on the AP and the oil temp reported in the dash/informant system? I notice that the AP value gets up to temp much faster and is usually higher than the one in the dash.

emiladam

Passed Driver's Ed
Any of you guys with the DSG tune notice that the Performance Monitor function no longer works after flashing the tune? Used to work just fine, now I only get dashed lines instead of timing numbers after doing the run. I am a little bummed about this because I use that function for relative performance gain measurements. Just wanted to check to see if it is isolated to something about my setup or is this across the board issue?

emiladam

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for you guys,

What's the difference between the engine oil temp that's reported on the AP and the oil temp reported in the dash/informant system? I notice that the AP value gets up to temp much faster and is usually higher than the one in the dash.

RigWig - I notice you are in NJ. Where about are you located? I am in a group a fellow R owners that meet once a month or so and we always try to recruit more people to join in.

RigWig

Passed Driver's Ed
RigWig - I notice you are in NJ. Where about are you located? I am in a group a fellow R owners that meet once a month or so and we always try to recruit more people to join in.

I'm up in the Morristown area, depending on where I'd check it out

emiladam

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for you guys,

I have not noticed this but I will try to remember to check it tonight on my commute home.

BTW - do you have the COBB DSG tune? Wondering if you noticed the Performance Monitor function issue after DSG flash?

Last edited: