bdelaney4000

Ready to race!

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Progress..

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just got a momentary button to attempt this install, my question is thus... where did you get the pin for the wire installed in the BCM? Did you end up using a repair wire with the pin already crimped on or did you find the pins and crimp yourself?

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got a momentary button to attempt this install, my question is thus... where did you get the pin for the wire installed in the BCM? Did you end up using a repair wire with the pin already crimped on or did you find the pins and crimp yourself?
Cable is already in BCM, I've connected it with repair wire with connector like this:

+ cable to button. No need to cut or solder.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just so I get this straight, there's already a cable in the pin 32 slot, you removed the pin from the BCM connector and used a repair wire to connect to the BCM slot 32. Those cables plus the one to the switch are fed into this connector.

In essence, the connector above is basically splicing into the cable on pin 32 and carrying a cable out to the momentary switch which when pressed crosses that cable with ground completing the circuit, but doing it this way you don't have to cut the wiring harness and you could revert back to stock easily if you want to. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Just so I get this straight, there's already a cable in the pin 32 slot, you removed the pin from the BCM connector and used a repair wire to connect to the BCM slot 32. Those cables plus the one to the switch are fed into this connector.

In essence, the connector above is basically splicing into the cable on pin 32 and carrying a cable out to the momentary switch which when pressed crosses that cable with ground completing the circuit, but doing it this way you don't have to cut the wiring harness and you could revert back to stock easily if you want to. Correct?

Thanks in advance.
[emoji106] 100% correct

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Awesome, thanks. I've never seen those Wago clips before so I looked them up online those things are pretty sweet!