GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD interior engine sound broken?

acoustic

Passed Driver's Ed
Can any other GTD owners out there let me know if they can hear a distinct difference between the “Interior Engine Sound” settings in the “Individual” driving mode selection settings?

Eco, normal and sport all sound identical to me and by identical I mean that there is barely any noise other than what I assume is the actual engine.

I’m sure when I first got the car there was a definite roar under acceleration in sport mode so I’m wondering if either the dealer has disabled something during a previous service or whether the sound actuator is broken. I don’t have odbeleven or VCDS to check what the actual level is currently set to but I haven’t changing anything myself since I got the car from new.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Can any other GTD owners out there let me know if they can hear a distinct difference between the “Interior Engine Sound” settings in the “Individual” driving mode selection settings?

Eco, normal and sport all sound identical to me and by identical I mean that there is barely any noise other than what I assume is the actual engine.

I’m sure when I first got the car there was a definite roar under acceleration in sport mode so I’m wondering if either the dealer has disabled something during a previous service or whether the sound actuator is broken. I don’t have odbeleven or VCDS to check what the actual level is currently set to but I haven’t changing anything myself since I got the car from new.

Cheers

On my GTD there is a substantial difference between them. I have mine set to ECO (it’s the quietest), as I don’t like the sound...

Like yourself, I don’t have VCDS or OBDeleven either. I once asked VW to turn it off, but on collection of the car they advise they couldn’t.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Why a car manufacture should introduce a fake car noise is beyond my comprehension. Should I be so unfortunate to buy a model that had this nonsense, I would get it removed which I am sure can be done. Isn't it called Soundaktor?

Stanmoar24

Hi Guys, the sound you are talking about in the cabin is Produced by the Soundaktor as VW call it, bloody horrible but it can be turned off by a dealer or if you know some one with Vagcom it can be done that way! so much nicer not hearing that Impreza style noise inside the car.

Cheers

Stan