GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Launch control oddities....

MadMen

Ready to race!
So running the 1/4 mile last night, I experienced again what I thought was a fluke last time out. If I try to launch my car by holding it on the 4K limiter, it will take off as if it's in 3rd gear. Feels like slipping the clutch too much with a manual.

However if I let off the brake before it gets up to the 4K limiter, it launches fine. I'm on JB4 with DP and IC, so basically stage 2 JB4.

Would a DSG tune resolve this?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I noticed when I tested out a DSG that when launch control was used the change up through the gears sounded alot like a slower shifting slush box...

One of the best quick videos that I could find is here:
https://youtu.be/bjXh9Vxh8kA

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm jb4 as well. Best 1/4 mile so far is 11.89 @115. Only way I could get off a good 4k launch was using 17-19psi in first gear. Yes a tcu tune will help but I've read some companies have the same launch problems as well.

Fixxxer

Don't sit there too long.
Foot hard on brake, other foot flat to the floor and keep it there through the whole launch.
If you engage LC and then don't go all out, it will slip the clutch and take off like a dog. Which might be the reason that when you launch while still building rpms it is fine, i.e., your foot is still flat to the floor.

If it isn't that, *shrug*

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Don't sit there too long.
Foot hard on brake, other foot flat to the floor and keep it there through the whole launch.
If you engage LC and then don't go all out, it will slip the clutch and take off like a dog. Which might be the reason that when you launch while still building rpms it is fine, i.e., your foot is still flat to the floor.

If it isn't that, *shrug*

I think that's the issue since I experience the same thing.

I seem to launch the best if I rev to 3,000 RPM then let off the brake and floor it when it hits 2,000 RPM. Got to get it just right.