GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Play

Cestrian

Passed Driver's Ed
CarPlay on my 2016 Golf needs an activation key to work. Does anyone know what's involved and the cost?
CarPlay is supposed to be compatible with Golf cars from 2016 onward.
Thanks

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Cost is in the region of £200-£250 to retro-activate (I think it cost around £100 if Car Play was selected as an option when the car was ordered). Not sure what is involved to get it activated, but you need to order the activation key from your dealer and they will carry out the activation.

Be aware that not MIB2 infotainment units are Car Play compatible. There’ve been owners on some forums with 2016 model year cars and it’s not been possible to activate Car Play.

Drevo

I bought it from the dealer and to be honest wasn’t impressed I should have researched it first as I think I only ever used it once. I prefer using my iPod connected via the USB port as it displays all the artwork and use Bluetooth for Spotify and YouTube etc
Think it all depends on what you want to use it for, hope that helps.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
I was thinking about getting it activated on mine but then when my car was in for its last service I had a loan car which already had it. I found that there's little in the way of extra functionality to justify the cost. It just made it easier to use my phone in the loan car by plugging it in rather than pairing bluetooth

Drevo

To be honest bud £250 wasn’t worth it for me just because I don’t use it at all, I thought I would have but the screen looks really basic and not that nice to look at either. I live in a house that has Apple everything tv, iPods, iPads, Mac book pro and loads of phones so nothing against Apple. If you have the USB port then there other better solutions especially if your into music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cestrian

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't have the Voice function either, but I get Siri to make phone calls, without the iPhone being connected via USB and, to my surprise, the sound comes out of the car speakers.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
I don't have the Voice function either, but I get Siri to make phone calls, without the iPhone being connected via USB and, to my surprise, the sound comes out of the car speakers.

I guess you do that using “Hey Siri”? I thought about that but haven’t got round to trying. I also don’t have voice control either. VW quoted £250 to activate it