GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

Jarbear

Ready to race!
The is38 golf r/s3 turbo has arrived along with my downpipe and stage 3 clutch.

What revision?

This build escalated quickly.

Nothing wrong with that!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
H revision

What revision?

It's an H revision model turbo from the Golf R late model S3. I heard this revision is a strong version of the Turbo.

haha that gif is amazing!

Nothing wrong with that!

I'll be updating my thread soon to show more of the un-boxing of the latest parts.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
CTS Turbo Downpipe. Beautiful welds on this piece. Can’t wait to install it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Bottom side of is38 turbo charger. Forgot to post earlier

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I am glad I clicked on this one. This build is coming together well and quickly and I absolutely love those wheels.

My biased vote is TT-RS BBK. I have a weird obsession with them and have bought 4 kits in the last year. Definitely the best bang for the buck braking upgrade.

You're hitting all the big things right off the bat, are you doing any other suspension work?

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI

Because I have a problem, haha.

Bought a set in excellent condition, but then decided I wanted to go another color so no point in spraying a perfect set, so I bought another and sprayed that set. Pieced together two kits to make on functionally perfect kit. Sold the perfect calipers. Bought another set for parts and sold what I had leftover. Then another set and put it on my buddy's car.

The one downside of the kits is how expensive the rotors are, so I bought some for rotors but now I found another way to get the 370mm for a reasonable price and will do that going forward.

Still believe it is the best BBK for the money, one of the best things I did to my car.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Because I have a problem, haha.

Bought a set in excellent condition, but then decided I wanted to go another color so no point in spraying a perfect set, so I bought another and sprayed that set. Pieced together two kits to make on functionally perfect kit. Sold the perfect calipers. Bought another set for parts and sold what I had leftover. Then another set and put it on my buddy's car.

The one downside of the kits is how expensive the rotors are, so I bought some for rotors but now I found another way to get the 370mm for a reasonable price and will do that going forward.

Still believe it is the best BBK for the money, one of the best things I did to my car.

Thank you so much for the messages guys! The MK7 community is one of the best in my opinion! I'm so inspired by everyone's style and builds with the individuality in each customization. Do you have any more sets of the BBK's for sale? I'm currently looking to grab a set for my car. Let me know Thanks so much man!

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Love this build so far. Do you have any pics of the front end with the lights installed?

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Love this build so far. Do you have any pics of the front end with the lights installed?

Not yet! I’m still waiting on my front mount intercooler, so I’m going to install all front end business in one go! It’s better to handle all of it while the getting is good! Thanks so much for the kind message bud!!!!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Forge Performance Blow off valve arrived!

Forge Performance Turbo muffler delete arrived as well!!!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Forge Performance Blow off valve arrived!

Forge Performance Turbo muffler delete arrived as well!!!

You're going so fast. Have you done any research on whether your OEM DV needed to be replaced? The ECU uses the DV for boost control - heavily. You will likely experience driveability issues with the blow off valve. APR recommends OEM DV for Stage 3+ for a reason. If you want to hear your turbo better, get an open intake like BMS, CTS, etc

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I’m planning up running Unitronic Is38 software which is Stage 2+. I’m told that the Air Diverter valve with that ECU combination needed to be upgraded. Thanks for the information, will do more research and dive deeper!