GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gtd mpgs

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
What mpgs are people getting now most engines are broken in? I have a 2014 with 30k miles on it. My daily 27 mile a day commuting consists of mainly 50s and 60s limits with 2 miles of 30 limits. I always do brim to brim calculations. Last time I filled up the car read 61.3 mpg. My calculation was 59.2 and this time it read 58.3 and I calculated 57.01. As you can tell I have been taking it easy to achieve this I normally get 50mpg with mixed driving. So people tell us the year of gtd you have along with mileage mpgs gearbox type (manual or dsg) and driving style.

Last edited:

Mickyp1989

i have a 2013 dsg remapped and only see about 50mpg on motorway driving (70mph)? i know dsg will be slightly worse but i get nowhere near what other people do on here. checked tire pressures and they are high if anything :S

Noticeably worse as it gets colder. average at the mo on a full tank is 45mpg

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
You must have a heavy right foot. I have manual and I reacon if I had dsg I would drive quicker. Sometimes I want to boot it but can't be arsed physically changing gear so just keep cruising :)

Gunter

Passed Driver's Ed
someone explain please

is the GTD essentially a "diesel GTI" or something different. SoCal Golf owner also off the lot what type of mileage can you expect? and what do they run price wise?

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes it's a diesel gti. You will get 15 UK mpg more than the gti. The gtd when new was £500 less than the gti.

Mickyp1989

You must have a heavy right foot. I have manual and I reacon if I had dsg I would drive quicker. Sometimes I want to boot it but can't be arsed physically changing gear so just keep cruising :)

definitely not a heavy right foot at all. think im putting it down to ambient temp. i travel 11 miles to work and averaged just 37mpg tonight :confused:

Im also due a service as it looks like iv gone 22000 miles since fuel filter change so think it could be this?

What does everyone else get mpg wise on motorway at 70mph?

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
definitely not a heavy right foot at all. think im putting it down to ambient temp. i travel 11 miles to work and averaged just 37mpg tonight :confused:

Im also due a service as it looks like iv gone 22000 miles since fuel filter change so think it could be this?

What does everyone else get mpg wise on motorway at 70mph?
It won't be the fuel filter for getting low mpgs. Are you sitting in traffic? It is really cold just now so that will be part of the reason. What remap do you have?

Mickyp1989

It won't be the fuel filter for getting low mpgs. Are you sitting in traffic? It is really cold just now so that will be part of the reason. What remap do you have?

yeh mixture of traffic and very low ambient temp. anything below 10degrees it really is noticeably worse.

i have a qauntum tuning map. Never heard of them but the gains were the same as all of the other maps around (220hp - 320lb/ft). alot of positive reviews about from the company.

cant really remember what the car was like before i had it mapped tbf