GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY GTI (1.8t Tsi)

snekkerevensen

Well, If you only want to black out the chrome strip, then the vinyl wrap is really easy.

But if you want to black out the chrome VW logo as well, then the plasti dip spray is easy. However, it's a major pain to take off. I'll probably never use plasti dip again.

Ok. No I think I’ll leave the logo as it is, so I might try the vinyl wrap then [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Soo finally have an update to the car.

On March 19th I was in a small accident. It was partially caused by the heel/toe pedal I added earlier. My foot slid off the gas and got caught between the gas/brake. By the time my foot was free it was too late and I understeered right into a curb. I have since removed that terrible pedal lol.
It did some damage to my car, damaged the passenger side suspension axle, fender, and bumper.

:(. So since I needed to get a new bumper any ways, I asked the body shop to install a Golf R bumper instead... This is where things went down hill. They ended up ordering the wrong bumper (MK7.5 bumper), scratched and cracked one of my headlights (and refused to pay for the head light, AND wanted me to pay for the wrong bumper+labour), and also months of delays.

After months of it being in the bodyshop for a very minor job, I finally got my car back today! Still not perfect though. AC doesn't work :mad:, headlights were wired wrong :mad:, some paint chips on the brand new bumper :mad:, interior was dirty, and mouldy smelling (I think they left my window open):mad:, missing screws on my fender liner :mad:....
Any ways going back tomorrow.

But I'm just happy I have my car back.

Here it is as of right now.

for the front plate I decided to not drill the bumper and went with an RHO-Plate V2.

Overall not a great experience. But It does look great. I think I need the R side skirts now :).

----

Currently waiting for delivery on:
FK Coilovers
Ebay Twin front mount intercooler.

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car looks great! Nice and clean!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Ugghh, I'm having terrible luck with this car lol.
Lost one of the new headlight washer covers. I assumed the bodyshop glued these in place or something since I don't have the hardware these mount to.... I guess not.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Please post installed pics when you got em. Curious to see how the blue hoses look.

Love your wheels btw and the R bumper looks great.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Thanks!

I'll try to snap some pictures of the install process (but I usually forget, lol). Pretty sure the hoses won't be visible with the bumper on though.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Installed the ebay twin front mount intercooler today. The install was pretty painless. Followed the instructions for the Forge Twintercooler since this is a knock off of that.
I had to bend back one of the brackets on the intercooler a bit, and had to grind down the back of the grill a bit.
But overall the install was smooth.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
nice job..got any logs to see how much this lowers the charged air vs the stock intercooler alone?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
It would be fun to do an R line front bumper if I can find a good deal some day... car looks great!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
nice job..got any logs to see how much this lowers the charged air vs the stock intercooler alone?
I don't have any logs... Probably should have done that, but I was too excited to get it on :D. There is a thread about it where others have done logs: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42435

It's not supposed to be the best intercooler. But I'm sure its fine for me needs, especially when pairing it with the Golf R intercooler that I had on before. If I'm being 100% honest I did it partially because it looks cool :eek:.

It would be fun to do an R line front bumper if I can find a good deal some day... car looks great!
Yeah I originally wanted to do the R-Line bumper. But It was too hard to get, and I didn't have foglights any ways, so there was really no reason for it other than the cool factor.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Intercooler looks good. I see what you mean about the hoses. Would be cool if you could see them as I like the blue.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Did a couple more things.

I decided I want to go a little lower, so I changed my VWR springs to a set of FK Coilovers. The coils were incredibly cheap (about $250 shipped to Canada). So I wasn't expecting much.
I have about 250km on them so far, and I must say not bad so far! They are definitely a bit more rough then the VWR springs, but for the price they're really reasonable. I still need to adjust the height a bit and I'm getting some noises in the rear and front, but overall not bad!

Second thing I did was add some felt cloth to the sunglasses holder. Not a huge mod, but a much needed one. No more rattling sunglasses, and they feel a bit safer with the softer material. I'm pretty bad at arts and craft type stuff, so I got the glue all over the place and the material isn't cut 100% straight. But not bad overall!

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Where did u order the coils? How much lower do they go than the VWR springs?
Car looks great btw

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk