GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pinch weld damage

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Best deal if you are going to do the Audi pads is to get them from e-Acca. Even with shipping from Latvia they are still the cheapest. I added the parts to my cart and did a check out and with shipping to the US, it was $86 shipped and it's the full kit (front rubber pads, front caps, front splash shield trim, rear pads - this is the same as the $250 DAP kit) and not just the basic kit (front rubber and basic caps - this would be the ECS $89 kit).

SOOO.. Part number for this kit? LOL

cb1111

Are you talking about eacca.....?

And any other unknown vendor or anyone in a foreign country.

For that matter, a vendor here had some pretty serious issues back in 2006ish - just google ECS tuning credit card fraud

Unless you know the vendor and trust their processing system you should use a shop-safe card or a card you've bought and loaded money onto.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
SOOO.. Part number for this kit? LOL

It was posted 2 pages back :confused:

For that matter, a vendor here had some pretty serious issues back in 2006ish - just google ECS tuning credit card fraud

Unless you know the vendor and trust their processing system you should use a shop-safe card or a card you've bought and loaded money onto.

It's 2018.. most credit cards have a zero liability fraud policy. If suspicious activity occurs they'll most likely notify you. With my Visa I also have purchase protection, you probably don't get that with a prepaid card.

cb1111

It was posted 2 pages back :confused:

It's 2018.. most credit cards have a zero liability fraud policy. If suspicious activity occurs they'll most likely notify you. With my Visa I also have purchase protection, you probably don't get that with a prepaid card.
Perhaps. And then you have to get a new card, change all of your autopays etc.

Shopsafe gives you the same protections and doesn't expose your "real" number.

But hey, it is your credit card number. If you trust some company in Latvia then go for it. I know of a VW parts store in Somalia. They'll take your credit card number too.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie

Were not talking ecs ...... it’s eacca is one of the best in the business. It’s where most stores and dealers order there parts from. Please before you start saying stuff and scaring others for know reason do some research. And I’ve ordered with ecs as well and never had a single issue. People need to stop worrying about ordering online. As everyone said your protected. But don’t talk bad about E-Acca because they are probably the best oem part distributor for European cars. I’ve ordered more than 15 times from them as well as everyone else on this forum who has euro tails. I know two different VW dealers who order from them. Please go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Perhaps. And then you have to get a new card, change all of your autopays etc.

Shopsafe gives you the same protections and doesn't expose your "real" number.

But hey, it is your credit card number. If you trust some company in Latvia then go for it. I know of a VW parts store in Somalia. They'll take your credit card number too.

Lol pathetic. Do some research first. This is actually hilarious and a straight embarrassment for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
At this point Im pretty sold on the U-Jack unless there are any significant criticisms about it. It seems very straight forward and hassle free.

I haven't used mine yet on the GTI, but it worked well enough on my Subaru. I wish the slot/U was just a little wider. I want to say that I found that my Harbor Freight jack stand pads were too big to fit through the U space so I had to use the stands without pads.

On the credit card issue, my credit card was compromised on a well known, US-based Subaru accessory site. I learned 2 lessons: just because a vendor is popular or not "foreign", doesn't mean it's necessarily safe; and having my card compromised was somewhat inconvenient, but certainly not the end of the world...

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!

I was thinking it was "racist" to say I don't trust a car built in Mexico but where are those who called racism now that the idea is don't trust your credit card to a business because it's in Lativia? I've gotten new credit cards 3 or 4 times because my credit card has been compromised by businesses in the USA like Target and Home Depot.

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought and fitted the full Audi jack pad kit to my MK7 Golf GTD in August 2017. I ordered the parts from my local Audi dealership. Oddly, my local V.W. dealership could not order the parts as they are Audi parts, not V.W. :confused: You can buy just the bungs as per the ECS ES#251835 kit which will be a bit cheaper I imagine but if you are going to do it, do it right would be what I'd say and buy the full kit with the correct rear pads and front trim pieces that mate together with the front pads.

Below are the part numbers of what I ordered. Everything fitted perfectly and works very well. The only thing I will say is the plastic surface of the front and rear jack pads is quite hard and slippy (as most plastic tends to be) so I would suggest using something grippy in between the jack and the pad if you are using a jack with a metal piece or cup that contacts the car to avoid any risk of the car sliding or moving on the jack. If your jack has a rubber pad built in as many do then all is good. Mine does not and the first time I went to use the pads after being installed I noticed the car shifting a little which got my heart rate up and I quickly dropped the car back down again before it had a chance to fall off the jack so I now use a little strip of rubber in between the jack and the pad. Worth noting is that the ground I was jacking up on was not perfectly flat so the car was not level but I still wouldn't risk it. It would be a right mess if the car did slide off the jack :eek: I jack with the pads and then place an axle stand on the pinch weld and this works well. I also use a strip of tougher rubber here which I have glued to my axle stands, just to help limit any damage to the pinch welds or disturbing the anti corrosion wax as much as possible. There is no chance of the car slipping off the axle stands that I use as they are curved upwards at the edges but the rubber works as a nice little buffer when the car is shifting slightly when you are jacking up or down from another point on the car.

1x 8V0 825 271, Large outer trim cover left side
1x 8V0 825 272, Large outer trim cover right side
2x 8V0 804 631B, Base plate for jack socket
1x 8V0 802 845, Jack socket left side
1x 8V0 802 846, Jack socket right side
2x 8V0 802 847 A, Jack socket rear

I wouldn't have any concerns over the strength of the points for jacking. I accept that they have most likely been designed to only be used on a four post lift but if you do one at a time and place an axle stand at that point on the pinch weld before moving on then the full weight of the car is never on one single point as either the other wheels are on the ground or if not there is a jack stand at that wheel taking the weight. I wouldn't leave the car on the points while working, just jack it up then place the weight on the axle stand on the pinch weld.

Here is a picture of the same kit that I bought.

free image hosting

Hopefully this info is helpful :)

jackalope

Ready to race!
I would buy some kind of adhesive pad and stick it to the hard plastic... Preferably in some bright color like yellow so a mechanic knows it's there

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a good idea. They are easily missed if you are not looking for them and if a mechanic is working on your car it would be assumed they would be using a four post lift so they might as well use the jacking points in the way they were designed to be used and avoid crushing the pinch welds or side skirts. I had one of my side skirts crushed before by a mechanic while using a four post lift on a MK5 GTI that did not have any jack pads installed. If they had of been the damage would not have occurred but that would also have required the mechanic in this instance to have actually used them which is not always guaranteed. All the more reason for your point of making them easily seen.