GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The video on their page seems to show an adapter for the new tail lights. I can't see any products on there though. How much are they?

https://youtu.be/IjAQ4n52Fq0

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I was given pricing of around $130 USD per housing from cars245.com. But not sure if they are able to source. So would be about $520 USD for all 4 housings.

And as said, I guess those of us with nonLED tails would need the nonLED-LED harnesses, plus these facelift-LED harnesses. If they will work daisy-chained that way.

I wonder if there would still be a need to fish a wire between the outer tail and the inner. Or if proper coding can eliminate the need to do this. I can see in the audiamante videos that there is coding required. Any thoughts on that?

Costs add up...
- Tails $520
- DAP harnesses $140
- Audiamente harnesses $285
- Total: $985 USD plus shipping etc

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
I think if you achieve to get the blinker signal from the outer to the inner and then use the adaptors from Audiamant you should be good to go. Yeah I have coding manual in my email (it's german tho I'll get english one in the package with the lights and I can scan it for you then).

nype

Drag Racing Champion
That would be great. Interested to see the coding. It's all in German anyway! Lol

One thing I never really understood was the need to run the wire from outer to the inner tail when it is possible to simply code the inner tails to function exactly as the outer tails do, without running a wire. At least with the nonLED tails, this is possible.

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
That would be great. Interested to see the coding. It's all in German anyway! Lol

One thing I never really understood was the need to run the wire from outer to the inner tail when it is possible to simply code the inner tails to function exactly as the outer tails do, without running a wire. At least with the nonLED tails, this is possible.

Turn signal is on a different channel than the running light.

Forget DAP, BEC wires in a better way for way less money (it's what I have).

And because there are 3 different ways I think to wire/code your Euro Tails (DAP/ESC, BEC, Euro-spec (most difficult, basically have to hand wire it yourself)), it will be different for everyone to get these adapters to work probably.

Time will tell, as usual, the Europeans will figure it out first, it's easier for them to source parts.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I have a North American 2015 model and I rewired the tail light harnesses where I didn't need any harnesses to make the amber signal work.

I'm gonna make it work somehow. I'm gonna have my current led tail for sale when I get this done.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Turn signal is on a different channel than the running light.

Forget DAP, BEC wires in a better way for way less money (it's what I have).

I understand that it's a different channel. But the inner tail can be enabled as turn signal without rewiring. Must be something to do with the Euro tail having a separate orange turn LED and not just a single nonLED bulb. Not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks for the harness recommendation.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have a set of the 7 euro tails and I'm tempted to return them and buy the facelift ones. Anyone going to attempt this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I just got quoted $1154 shipped minus the BEC or DAP harness via the shop that installed the tails into the clubsport and like 3 other golf R so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk