GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SABO's MK7

sabo

Ready to race!
this is ordered and in transit. likely a christmas break install. Quebster inspired

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,368
Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i was about to buy that stuff but pulled the trigger on some cheaper/heavier stuff recently. The soundskins will be used for the rest of the car!

I did my whole rear hatch/trunk area the other day. Then I did one of my doors. took ~2 hours to do, super easy over all and wow what a serious difference. Death to rattles! :)

sabo

Ready to race!
i was about to buy that stuff but pulled the trigger on some cheaper/heavier stuff recently. The soundskins will be used for the rest of the car!

I did my whole rear hatch/trunk area the other day. Then I did one of my doors. took ~2 hours to do, super easy over all and wow what a serious difference. Death to rattles! :)

Nice.

sabo

Ready to race!
37. Soundskins Sound Deadening/Noise Reduction

37. Soundskins Sound Deadending/Noise Reduction

Mod:
Shhhh. Quiet.

Just started this mod. Did the hatch, rear sides, trunk/subwoofer space and rear wheel/door wells. Also, put some foam around the backup camera mechanism which is extremely loud. This quieted it a bit, but not much. I may add some soundskins to the foam.
Funny, found a tube of OEM foam stuffed between the outer and inner shell. It was probably 2" diameter x 15" long, randomly placed...Seems pointless? You can see it in the 5th lowest left pic...wrapped in plastic.

Also, did a little house cleaning while all this trim was off. Cleaned up my led tails wiring so now it follows the existing wiring harnesses all the way to the light and cleaned up my rear dash cam and led strip mod wiring also.

What: http://www.soundskinsusa.com. (3) tubes will do 4 doors and trunk floor; (4) tubes will do 4 doors, trunk floor, hatch and rear wheel wells; (5) tubes will do 4 doors, trunk floor, hatch, rear wheel wells and sides and rear seat.

Cost: $75-90 per tube shipped

Anything broken? Nope. Lost one metal door well trim clip. Easy replacement.

All back together? Yep.

I'll post a full review on the skins when I complete all the doors. All I can say is there is more low thuds, less tink, tink, tink when you tap on the bare metal.

Some resulting comparison pics so far.....more a few posts down

Attachments

• Soundskins Before & After_1.jpg
    Soundskins Before & After_1.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 2,158
  • Soundskins Before & After_2.jpg
    Soundskins Before & After_2.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 2,183
  • Soundskins Before & After_3.jpg
    Soundskins Before & After_3.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 2,226
  • Soundskins Before & After_4.jpg
    Soundskins Before & After_4.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 2,214
  • Soundskins Before & After_5.jpg
    Soundskins Before & After_5.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 2,152
Last edited:

davidk1175

Ready to race!
I like sound skin, just not quite ready to break any plastic clips yet. My autobahn is still very quiet inside. Nice install look forward to the rest of the pics

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Any plans to do any other wiring while you have the trim apart? I'm interested in doing this on the doors in the future as the car has a little more road noise than I'd like. Plus, if I quiet the cabin, I'll hear the exhaust less thereby requiring me to get a louder exhaust/downpipe...

Last edited:

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Any plans to do any other wiring while you have the trim apart? I'm interested in doing this on the doors in the future as the car has a little more road noise than I'd like. Plus, if I quiet the cabin, I'll here the exhaust less thereby requiring me to get a louder exhaust/downpipe...
hahaha justification at its best

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk