GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Updated clutch on 2019 7.5 ??

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
As someone who just recently went piggyback stage 1, I'm not enthusiastic about having to do a clutch, but I think there are some stock'ish feeling clutches that will handle piggyback levels of power and still be driveable.

RSR Clutch. Traded my car in with it installed, dealer had no idea it wasn't stock. They actually certified the car with it.

As someone who just recently went piggyback stage 1, I'm not enthusiastic about having to do a clutch

RSR Clutch.

Be mindful, though. The original RSR isn't up to high powers. Stage 1 might be OK, but I wouldn't want to go much further. They developed the RSR hybrid due to failures. Even then they have a disclaimer on their web-site stating for track/drag use you should go DKM or Sachs stage 3.

MrPEZident

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA 2017 GTI SE
Hello, I have 2019 R with 6-speed manual. I just checked and there is no spring installed on mine. The mf'er doesn't have the performance monitor installed either I noticed, surprised the good people at VW didn't forget the engine or steering wheel or something else while they were at it...

Backtrack2015

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I have 2019 R with 6-speed manual. I just checked and there is no spring installed on mine. The mf'er doesn't have the performance monitor installed either I noticed, surprised the good people at VW didn't forget the engine or steering wheel or something else while they were at it...

Luckily VW detects 95+% of these bigger issues (missing engines, transmissions, wheels, doors, etc.) at the dealer-prep stage... :D