GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lamin-x yellow tint for fogs

JLgti

Ready to race!
Saw a mk6 gti around my area with the yellow tints on his fog lights and thought it looked pretty good. Just curious if anyone has done this on their mk7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AjaXx

Passed Driver's Ed
With OEM LED bulbs for the fog lights, after applying yellow lamin-x film they will appear green since the LED's have a hint of blue

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Personal preference opinion only:

Don't like the look. Felt like it was more in style a decade ago. These days I prefer the regular clear housings. Purely preference though.

nate.d

I just ordered some yesterday. I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it yet but I figured I would try it. If the lights look green when they are on I'll probably take them off.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
With OEM LED bulbs for the fog lights, after applying yellow lamin-x film they will appear green since the LED's have a hint of blue

Didn't think about this. Doubt I'll do it on the MK7 then.

Don't like the look. Felt like it was more in style a decade ago. These days I prefer the regular clear housings. Purely preference though.

Sounds about right. Loved the look on my MK5 with yellow FTP bulbs. Doubt I'll do it on the MK7 because of the reason above though.

jacincm

Ready to race!
Actually just did mine yesterday. Super easy install, just use a later of water to make lining it up easier. Clean with alcohol beforehand. I also heard turning them on after installation will help warm up the adhesive. They are a little more green because if the blue tint but they are still unmistakably yellow.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M

Totally rocked em back in 2005 lol "french fogs"

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn

Yellow light cuts through rain, snow and fog better than white or blue light. There has always been a very specific reason besides cosmetic that people have done this

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This is why I took mine off and threw them in the garbage. They look green

Mine leans more towards yellow than green (you can actually see my post earlier in here from a while ago where I was on the fence because of this issue). I think that install is super important and it has to be PERFECTLY centered to prevent any blue-ish light leaking which would lead to optically mixing and creating a green tint. The way around this is to order the universal sheet, remove the fog, and totally cover the lens.

P.s. I'm also deutan color vision deficient, so I don't see green properly anyway, so that helps haha.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Mine leans more towards yellow than green (you can actually see my post earlier in here from a while ago where I was on the fence because of this issue). I think that install is super important and it has to be PERFECTLY centered to prevent any blue-ish light leaking which would lead to optically mixing and creating a green tint. The way around this is to order the universal sheet, remove the fog, and totally cover the lens.

P.s. I'm also deutan color vision deficient, so I don't see green properly anyway, so that helps haha.

I shouldnt have said they are green, they are greenish-yellow. My probably is that they arent simply yellow as advertised. Greenish yellow just didn't work for me