GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5mm spacers that work?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
But 5mm..... Is it really even noticeable?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That'll put me at ET40. I have 18x8 RSe12 with 235/40/18 Conti ECS. I don't want to rub at all.
Ah.. Gotcha.. Was thinking that was the only reason for that narrow of spacer

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
42 draft designs.
I run 5mm front, 10mm rear and they fit perfect.

Front 5mm

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I've used a number of generic brand 5mm spacers without any issues. I've purchased 2 sets of these so far: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N8QJ871

You can also look to 42dd, or pretty much anything sold by forum vendors.

Since they aren't hub/wheel centric there is a lot less to worry about. Don't forget you need 5mm longer bolts with 5mm spacers!

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
I like the Neuspeed 5mm spacers since they come with replacement rotor screws to secure them to the hubs. It's nice to not have them flopping around when you take your wheels off.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I was curious about the cheap generics since I already have some longer bolts laying around. If you say those work, I'll give them a go.

I bought the cheap ones to try a few different fits, and ended up sticking with them. I didn't need to spend more money than $10 when I didn't know if it was what I was going to run long term, and I ended up being just fine.

If you know 5mm is your answer, nothing wrong with spending a bit more on a machined spacer that is both hub centric and bolt pattern specific at $20-30 for a pair.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I've seen lots of talk over the years of folks getting spacers that don't seat quite flush to the hub, resulting in vibrations.

Just looking on a recommendation on 5mm spacers that will properly fit both front and rear on the MK7. Thanks.
The ECS one doesn't even come close to being flush, it's sad. Let me know what you decide to go with, I might purchase one myself. Either that and say fuck it and go 10mm.