GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"L380" LITTCO turbo- stronger is38 turbo for sale cheap - brand new in box

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
$1,280 and price is FIRM.

have a L380 turbo brand new in the box never installed, wastegate already calibrated and ready to bolt on and go. I could not resist the call of a larger hybrid turbo after I bought this so never installed. Never even took it out of the box.

if you don't know the "L380" is an is38 turbo that is built to a much higher quality standard with precision balanced turbo wheel and much stronger bearings, among other upgrades. So this turbo will perform like an is38 but much more reliable and can be pushed harder safely and will last longer.

Given how unreliable the OEM is38 turbos are and how often they fail I was not going to install one of those on my car.....

https://www.littco.co.uk/

price is firm and pickup only in San Francisco.

If you want this turbo message me your phone number on here and I will call you to arrange pickup. I will not be checking this thread.

If nobody local wants it I will just put it up on Ebay in a few weeks.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
have a L380 turbo brand new in the box never installed, wastegate already calibrated and ready to bolt on and go. I could not resist the call of a larger hybrid turbo after I bought this so never installed. Never even took it out of the box.

if you don't know the "L380" is an is38 turbo that is built to a much higher quality standard with precision balanced turbo wheel and much stronger bearings, among other upgrades. So this turbo will perform like an is38 but much more reliable and can be pushed harder safely and will last longer.

Given how unreliable the OEM is38 turbos are and how often they fail I was not going to install one of those on my car.....

cost me ~$1,500 by the time I got it with taxes and shipping etc and just selling it at my cost since I will not be using it.

https://www.littco.co.uk/

price is firm and pickup only in San Francisco.

If you want this turbo message me your phone number on here and I will call you to arrange pickup. I will not be checking this thread.

If nobody local wants it I will just put it up on Ebay in a few weeks.

What turbo did you end up installing?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
What turbo did you end up installing?

I ended up going with an Littco L380x instead, which is theoretically just an is38 with 5% larger compressor wheel for more top end power, but it ended up making 456whp on an E50 tune with Ed at EQT and spooled noticabley slower than an is38 so I think it's a bigger upgrade than LITTCO makes it out to be vs L380/is38

honestly if I was doing again I'd either stick with this L380/is38 or just make the jump to the EQT vortex turbo which is the best turbo imo other than a L380 if you want more low rpm torque. EQT vortex turbo spools almost the same as the L380x but can make >550whp on good fuel

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
price drop for someone local to $1380 which is $100 cheaper than a bone stock OEM is38 by the time you pay shipping and sales tax and this is a dramatically better turbo you can safely push harder than an is38

pickup only in SF

don't want to deal with ebay hassle so hopefully someone local can come by and pick this up to enjoy this turbo in the next 2 weeks, if not I will be putting it up on ebay

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
if you're thinking of going with is38 would be crazy to not do the L380 instead. it's basically the same price but much stronger and more reliable and balanced, so you can push it harder more safely and it will last longer. and for basically the same cost. I don't know why anyone would do an is38 at this point with the L380 out on the market

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
after having this up here for almost 2 months, this was sold to an awesome Canadian.

i still have a good used is20 turbo if anyone wants it, just message me with an offer, local pickup only

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
It's back!

actually looks like the new owner went a different direction after paying me, so before I shop it if anyone on here wants this turbo let me know. $1250 to anyone cash to come pick it up. I'll hold it for 14 days so if you want this turbo and are serious message me your phone number and I will call you to arrange you picking it up in person.