GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R MK7.5 engine conversion HELP NEEDED

Mo_1987

Hi there guys hope your all well...

I need some guidance I have just come across a 2014 golf 1.4 tsi for sale which is a R rep everything has been changed just the engine hasn’t been swapped

Now my friend has a golf mk7.5 it’s a cat b breaker he’s offered me the whole running gear engine/prop/diff/loom/ecu/stereo/steering wheel/ and virtual cockpit for all a good price at 2k

Now can this all be fitted to a golf which is not a golf r chassis example the golf 1.4tsi I have seen would it all fit

Any help would really be appreciated

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I don't believe you can install the AWD hardware. The R has different a different fuel tank, exhaust routing, etc to accommodate the drive shaft and haldex.

Mo_1987

Thanks for the respond mate I really do appreciate it...

Yeah I see what you mean as you would think and believe it to be different but then am thinking if I have got full access to golf R.. I can change what even I need over...but thinking of the floor pan would all golfers s not be the same?

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
It's been done before so the swap is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Plan to have to swap wiring harnesses however, otherwise you're going to be dealing with a mess of component protection issues.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
I don't believe you can install the AWD hardware. The R has different a different fuel tank, exhaust routing, etc to accommodate the drive shaft and haldex.

It can be swapped. It is a shit ton of work, but if he's got an entire donor car, entirely doable

Mo_1987

Hi guys am very grateful for all the reply’s and help...I am pretty good at doing projects...but I don’t want to commit and get into something that is not straight forward and will require a lot of work which am not able to do..lol

I have tried the google search I Carnt find it...that would be so awsome if I could source this and give this a shot :)

Mo_1987

Hi guys does anyone have any Information who this guy is on Vortex forum as I carnt seem to find anything :S...I really want the information so I can buy this golf what’s for sale before it’s too late lol...I honestly would be very grateful if people can shine some light on this for me...I will be making a full step by step videos and write ups on my own thread for this....my main concern is -is the chassis and underneath already have room for the prop and diff..and the engine mounts in the same place...If I can clear this up am happy :)

Thanks guys

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hi guys does anyone have any Information who this guy is on Vortex forum as I carnt seem to find anything :S...I really want the information so I can buy this golf what’s for sale before it’s too late lol...I honestly would be very grateful if people can shine some light on this for me...I will be making a full step by step videos and write ups on my own thread for this....my main concern is -is the chassis and underneath already have room for the prop and diff..and the engine mounts in the same place...If I can clear this up am happy :)

Thanks guys

Reach out to VRS Northampton they have been involved in a MK3 Leon Cupra Haldex build.

https://youtu.be/mX88AxBXK6k

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

Thanks guys

check this thread:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...n-t-buy-a-Golf-R-Sportwagen-I-m-making-my-own

littco

Ready to race!
Unless you are fitting the complete wiring loom from the donor car you will need to get the Ecu de-immo'd, We've done a conversion of the Golf R engine into a Mk5 car, and the majority of the work has been the wiring and ECU configuration. I believe so we are the only company that has a fully transferred Golf R engine into another car without all the wiring from the original car. To fit the rear axel is not an issue but you will need the fuel tank from the Golfr as its a split tank for the prop shaft.