GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC High - 210km/h retrofit on Golf MK7

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Hey guys - my ACC retrofit has been working great, except for one strange issue. When a vehicle is recognized, the display reads "erkannt", in German instead of English.

I haven't had a chance for the person who did the activation and coding to take a look at it yet, but I did check for language options in 17 and 5f, everything looks normal there

Every other word and menu is in English, except for "erkannt". Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
piotrekp's (original poster) web page where he details the process mentions needing proper ABS sensors and gives the part number: WHT003864

That appears to be a rear sensor (can go on either left or right); do we only need REAR sensors, or do we need to replace FRONT ABS sensors as well? And what would the proper part number for the front be (I see part numbers everywhere from xxxxx856 to xxxxx863).

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I've got the VCDS coding and CP removal covered (good tech at local dealership), so it's just the installation of the physical bits that I need a little clarity on.

My car (2015 Canadian Highline) came with "Front Assist", so I already have the front radar sensor in the bumper, albeit the flat /square one (which piotrekp has informed us is the MRR).

I've found a LRR (the round bulbous one) sensor.

So...will wiring / installation be a simple unplug/remove the old MRR, and plug/replace with LRR? Is the mount the same? Wiring the same? Or will I need to add wiring?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Short answer to my question above: No, it most definitely is not simple unplug-swap-replug and code and go on my way.

Swapping in the new LRR is easy enough (two 10mm bolts), but the bigger issue is that a new ABS module is required - one that can be coded to actively control the brakes (I would assume).

And that new ABS module has a 46-pin connector, not the 38-pin connector that is in my car.
And on top of that, one can't even simply move the wires/pins from my old 38-pin connector to a new 46-pin connector (which is cheap enough - like $30), because the pins are shaped differently.

So - the list of parts now looks like this:
- LRR (round radar) - found for $150 on eBay (component protection will need to be removed)
- rear wheel ABS sensors (part#: WHT003864A) - ~$60ea for OEM; $15 from China)
- ABS module (with 46pins) part # recommended to me was 3Q0 907 379 AB- similar price point of ~$150 (if you can get the wiring pigtail for the ABS module, GRAB THAT!)
- Assuming not, a new 46-pin connector (part # 4M0 998 046) - $30
- 20 wires have to swap over, so you need 10 repair wires - part number 000 979 046E ($7each, or if you're in Canada, $30 each (?!!?)

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not just stick to MRR instead of going for LRR? MRR can do ACC High.

Short answer to my question above: No, it most definitely is not simple unplug-swap-replug and code and go on my way.

Swapping in the new LRR is easy enough (two 10mm bolts), but the bigger issue is that a new ABS module is required - one that can be coded to actively control the brakes (I would assume).

And that new ABS module has a 46-pin connector, not the 38-pin connector that is in my car.
And on top of that, one can't even simply move the wires/pins from my old 38-pin connector to a new 46-pin connector (which is cheap enough - like $30), because the pins are shaped differently.

So - the list of parts now looks like this:
- LRR (round radar) - found for $150 on eBay (component protection will need to be removed)
- rear wheel ABS sensors (part#: WHT003864A) - ~$60ea for OEM; $15 from China)
- ABS module (with 46pins) part # recommended to me was 3Q0 907 379 AB- similar price point of ~$150 (if you can get the wiring pigtail for the ABS module, GRAB THAT!)
- Assuming not, a new 46-pin connector (part # 4M0 998 046) - $30
- 20 wires have to swap over, so you need 10 repair wires - part number 000 979 046E ($7each, or if you're in Canada, $30 each (?!!?)

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, the installer who did my ACC called me to inform that I must not let VW dealer to flash new firmware or something to remove installed ACC. Once deleted, to activate it will need online activation and can't do simply coding adaptation anymore. So i need to be careful about dealer. Is it true? He also told me if need to activate ACC online, it is going to cost a lot of money. Anyone know anything about this?

If I go to dealer for warrantly/servicing, what I should be wary of to prevent them from removing ACC coding? Or I should tell them specifically NOT to do it. Any advice?

cfectus

I'm searching if i can do ACC retrofit on my Golf TSi 122hp DSG

VIN is WVWZZZAUZFW189030 and equipted with ABS Pump 3Q0907379F

I'm not sure if this ABS Pump supports all ACC functions, Especially Stop&Go as Traffic Jam Assist and Emegency Break (or City Break not sure about the name).

If it supports i will go with a radar 5Q0907561H is it ok to go with it?

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys - my ACC retrofit has been working great, except for one strange issue. When a vehicle is recognized, the display reads "erkannt", in German instead of English.

I haven't had a chance for the person who did the activation and coding to take a look at it yet, but I did check for language options in 17 and 5f, everything looks normal there

Every other word and menu is in English, except for "erkannt". Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know this is long enough ago for you to not care about/already have a solution, but here is my suggestion anyway:

leave it. that actually sounds pretty awesome.

actually: I just noticed that you are the one that linked to this thread in the first place. ...so maybe you are still in position to take such advice. :D

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I know this is long enough ago for you to not care about/already have a solution, but here is my suggestion anyway:

leave it. that actually sounds pretty awesome.

actually: I just noticed that you are the one that linked to this thread in the first place. ...so maybe you are still in position to take such advice. :D

you know I actually never did figure that one out...but I ended up installing the AID cluster and it doesn't display on that one, so....problem solved?

AWD4416

Ready to race!
2019 with front assist and no ACC. Anyone been able to activate ACC high? I want to retrofit the camera for HBA but really like the idea of it allowing additional ACC functions.

I do have VCP but not sure if all I need to do is flash the proper ACC high firmware (which I have) and the settings from VCP servers. Any info would be great.