GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VP Fuel Assistance

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I haven't looked into ignite. Is this a viable option?

It's excellent fuel. I have several acquaintances running it in 1200-2100hp applications.

Its cheaper than VP in the states, no idea about Canada. We get it around $350/drum.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion

We as canooks are definitely deprived of easy access to the better bang bang juices. Our easy access to regular beers that didn't taste like evian were always something we could hold up as clear superiority, but since the nuclear hops arms race that is the craft brewing fad, we don't have that anymore.

MacEwan stations in the Ottawa and QC area used to carry e85, but stopped about a year back.

Dunno if it's lack of popularity, colder climate, or maybe a combination of the two (leading to some spots having an underground tank full of frozen watery ethanolcicles ) but they switched em all over to diesel over the last year.

Zip it, Zane!!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheInstallGuy

Passed Driver's Ed

Dunno if it's lack of popularity, colder climate, or maybe a combination of the two (leading to some spots having an underground tank full of frozen watery ethanolcicles ) but they switched em all over to diesel over the last year.

Here's the official quote fro VEMA. Apparently Ethanol is bad for Canadians and the environment, as per the government.

Late last fall Husky Energy discontinued supplying E85 fuel in Manitoba as well as other
provinces in western Canada due to new Renewable Fuel Regulations under the Canadian
Environmental Protection Act (CEPA). As a result, VEMA is no longer able to provide E85 fuel at our 1550 Dublin Avenue site in Winnipeg.

VEMA will continue to seek out sources of E85 fuel. However, as a convenience for you, E10 fuel will be available at the 1550 Dublin Avenue site later this month. Your VEMA fuel card can be used at this location.

We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sean
Savage at (204) 781-7092 or by email at sean.savage@gov.mb.ca.

https://www.vema.gov.mb.ca/e85-fuel-has-been-discontinued/

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
"Don't siphon leaded gas, it'll give you brain damage."
"Don't huff gasoline, it'll cause irreparable damage to your central nervous system."
"Don't drink the E85, it'll make you go blind."

Fucking Totalitarians.

In all seriousness, Ethanol's a funny sore spot that just about everyone seems to want to try to hate (except the 10% or so who love it)

There was actually some push a few years back to have Ethanol produced in the Oshawa area, but homeowners got mad because of potential for corn dust in the air and harbours, blue team got mad because it was renewable, red team got mad because it was diverting food lands to oil and energy company profits and green team got mad because corn is really just a zero sum game where you pour petroleum onto the ground to get corn, you can read all about it in the book from 2003 "Peak Oil: Hey, Let's All Do nothing about it except shit our pants and make up conspiracies- DUCK! the sky is falling!!"

Then I read about the benefits for modern car enthusiasts, and immediately realized "Oh, yeah, this will never get made here in the quantities that we would want for it to get cheaper. This is like the NeoGeo."

The Toronto area JB4 distributor has started carrying and selling 30 gal barrels of e85, and I think that there's a Subie club/shop that keeps barrels on hand (but is located ~110kms from me, and $3 an L or so... it's just out of range at that price to even bother going and filling up gerry cans)

VP Racing's product line looks to be some high quality stuff. If you can get it nearby and at a reasonable price, even better.

Looking forward to reading more.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited: