GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alberta\Western Dubs

pingman222

Hey everyone,

Just picked up a '15 pure white 5 door GTI 6MT, if anyone is ever parting out or anything let me know!!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

x2001pmq

Hey western dubbers, can someone tell me what the loud banging noise is when spinning your tires. Is it the dog one mount or rather the abs kicking in? Cause when I have the traction control on and I spin the tires it happens basically when the traction control kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay-Bee

Calgary checking in as well.

Picked up a 2015 GTI DSG w/PP in October.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Hey western dubbers, can someone tell me what the loud banging noise is when spinning your tires. Is it the dog one mount or rather the abs kicking in? Cause when I have the traction control on and I spin the tires it happens basically when the traction control kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's wheel hop. Basically your front tires gripping, loading up, slipping, and then hopping, before doing it again. It took me by surprise when I first had it happen in my GTI.

You can reduce it with better tires, a rubber dogbone insert/new dog bone, more gentle launches. Or you can do what I did, and trade in your GTI on a R.

It's not the end of the world, but it's annoying as hell.

Korkimann

Car(s)
2017 GTI 6-speed
Hey is there anyone out in Edmonton running just a downpipe with the stock exhaust that I could listen to? Or anyone with a catback that's not obnoxious? Don't want to pull the trigger on something I couldn't live with.