GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front License plate mount

Custom441

Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Hey all! Going to pick up my 2015 GTI today. Very excited! I live in Ontario and would like a tow hook/off centre mount for my front license plate. I have the DAP (?) square in the lower grille, but no parking sensors on the front bumper. Curious what other people are using that doesn't interfere with the tech. US Millworks seems to be getting everyones praise, but I was hoping to find something of quality in Canada to save on the crappy exchange rate and international shipping. Cheers!

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Check amazon Canada. There's tons of plate mounts on there for cheap.

Congrats on getting the black sheep of the mk7. If you need any help or pointers, I have the same model year and I'm relatively close to you.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Legit Speed Designs front grill license plate bracket hands down the best!

Custom441

Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Check amazon Canada. There's tons of plate mounts on there for cheap.

That would be ideal, but most of those plates seem to have bad reviews, and I've heard of them getting crooked after hitting bumps and things. Can you recommend one in particular?

Legit Speed Designs front grill license plate bracket hands down the best!

Probably the one i would go for if I order from the US, but was hoping to find something here in Canada. Do you know if this bracket interferes with the adaptive cruise control radar in the lower grille? It says it won't work with DAP grilles, but since I don't have parking sensors I'm wondering if it'll be okay...

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I'm in Quebec, so I took off the oem plate holder for a euro one to clean things up. As you can see I also have that stupid front assist sensor, which does a whole lot of nothing.

I'd just bite the bullet and get the millwork one though if I needed a plate up front.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Custom441

Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
He can. But just like the real Trump, it's usually not the right things.

Amen. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheap beer and no front plates, but doesn't he have more important things to worry about?

Anyways, thats enough politics... Millworks tow hook mount is on and looking good! It sits very flush, doesn't stick out at all and doesn't interfere with DAP. Would recommend :D