GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I can confirm that the CS/CSS mounts do not prevent wheel hop. But they would have been necessary to handle the extra 50kw. Aftermarket mounts are still needed to eliminate wheel hop.
It could be that the CS/CSS mounts may be enough on a stock GTI to reduce it, especially with an insert.

I'm actually still deciding which engine mounts to go with. Most likely BFI stage 1 (they seem to get solid reviews) and then a Powerflex Hybrid dog-bone insert.

cris.g

Hi guys, this is my first post here but I've been reding the forum for some time. Now I would need your advice with something, hopefully you can help.
So a while back I wanted to change my LCAs with the CSS ones, however the old part no. was no longer available anywhere, including VW dealers. After discussing with some shops and also VW dealers, the conclusion was that the part no. was changed from 5Q0407151K (CSS) to 81A407151C - but this one is listed for Audi A3 / 8V from 2017 and above. Does anyone know if these are really a replacement of the CSS ones and if they are a direct fit on the GTI MK7?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Hi guys, this is my first post here but I've been reding the forum for some time. Now I would need your advice with something, hopefully you can help.
So a while back I wanted to change my LCAs with the CSS ones, however the old part no. was no longer available anywhere, including VW dealers. After discussing with some shops and also VW dealers, the conclusion was that the part no. was changed from 5Q0407151K (CSS) to 81A407151C - but this one is listed for Audi A3 / 8V from 2017 and above. Does anyone know if these are really a replacement of the CSS ones and if they are a direct fit on the GTI MK7?

A quick google shows this as a 17+ S3 control arm. It is highly possible that Audi started fitting this to the S3.

The only thing different as far as I know is the bushing. Part number is on the first page. You can just buy that for next to nothing and get it fitted. This is what I did. Installing Clubsport S parts on my MK7 GTI - Part 1 https://youtu.be/17OYY4dzMFY

cris.g

I already have these A3 control arms, just want to be sure if they are a direct fit. The garage work here is very expensive for fitting them ~350-400 chf so I don't want to pay for it twice, in case I need to revert. :)
Left is original, right is Audi.

Attachments

• IMG_4980.JPG
    IMG_4980.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Yes they will be a direct fit. As you can se they are stamped slightly differently, but the only things you need to be concerned about are the holes for the headlight levellers, which look to be the only holes the same.

Personally I would opt for fresh bushes though if going to the trouble.

cris.g

Thanks guys. For me there's no point to go for new bushes as I've already bought these A3 LCAs new. Actually I've already had them on the car, but the garage which did the work screwed up, on one side they used a wrong bolt (I don't even know where they got it from) and the car was pulling to one side when accelerating / braking, as the arm was not tightened properly. Not knowing what the issue was, I went to another garage and decided to go for originals. They found the issue with the bolt only after taking it out, and the one on the other side was already changed... These guys were not sure if the A3 arms played any role in it so thought it's better this way. But other then the issue with the pulling, I really loved how these felt on the car so if they're a direct fit I'll try to put them on the car again. Just wanted to get confirmation and make sure I don't pay for the work twice again, in case they didn't fit. :)

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Just also get an alignment afterwards. The pull could be caused by the control arms being longer and causing toe out.

Stronkbad

Passed Driver's Ed
Just fitted the Clubsport DSG shifter - really like the extra red detail on the knob!

Part#: 5G1713203Q MHO

I’m in the US and am really wanting to get my hands on the OEM Clubsport DSG shifter. What’s the best place for me to purchase one?

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
5G0853855B041 (left)

5G0853856B041 (right)

I don't believe they are compatible with the MK7 GTI though. It appears that the MK7 GTI and GTD share the same part. The MK7 GTI Clubsport and Golf R 7.5 appear to use the same part (as above part numbers). They are fixed to the car differently with additional bolts etc. so I doubt they will work on a MK7 GTI. Even if they did fit they are mega expensive. It would be cheaper to have your original ones painted gloss black.

Reviving an older post, but I wanted to confirm that these part numbers are correct and that the GTI Clubsport Side Skirts will fit the Mk7 GTI with very minimal fuss.

For true OEM fit you will also need:

4x 5G0853493

But these clips are unnecessary for fitment.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Old thread but anybody have the seat belt part number? I noticed the tcr and CS share the same red lined seat belts, and I want them. Ha. Any help would be appreciated!