GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

theBrandler

Ready to race!
That's not getting technical that's the whole point. Putting weight on where the tire is, is the worst place possible to add weight.

If one is striving for lightness for performance, keep the mass away from outside.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Of course but there are two components - flywheel effect and suspension control. The static weight impacts primarily suspension motion if you for instance have the same tire mass but a lighter wheel.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Good deal. I've thought about the hypergrams, because cost/weight is fantastic in those. Cheaper than the other flow formed konigs. But, beauty is personal, and I'm just not a fan of the style. The ampliforms look good though, and the decagrams.

All of those are $100 cheaper than Rse10s

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I really like the Ampliforms in bronze, and wish the Rennform was in bronze (without spending more on them for powdercoating, anyway). The downside to the Hypergram design is that it looks like a smaller wheel, due to where the spokes end. But I'm okay with that and like how the Hypergram looks more like a purpose-driven wheel, vs just a stylish wheel, to me anyway. And when that deal came about, it was just too good to pass up. :)

thez99

Go Kart Champion
I really like the Ampliforms in bronze, and wish the Rennform was in bronze (without spending more on them for powdercoating, anyway). The downside to the Hypergram design is that it looks like a smaller wheel, due to where the spokes end. But I'm okay with that and like how the Hypergram looks more like a purpose-driven wheel, vs just a stylish wheel, to me anyway. And when that deal came about, it was just too good to pass up. :)

I had a set of 17" ampliforms with a previous miata, but didn't know they made the amps to fit the vw bolt pattern, where are they sold? Also are they hub-centric?

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
I had a set of 17" ampliforms with a previous miata, but didn't know they made the amps to fit the vw bolt pattern, where are they sold? Also are they hub-centric?

DiscountTireDirect is one of the vendors, but I believe they are "on order" or "special order" status right now. I haven't checked to see who else might carry them. They are not hub centric to our cars.