GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
George,

Just installed my JB4 and am loving it. Now that CarPlay supports 3rd partyapps, it would be incredible to see the JB4 app in the infotainment. Any plans to update the app for that feature?

Snitt

Ready to race!
IOS 12 opened up for third-party GPS providers. I'm not sure if it allowed ALL developers to publish their apps on CarPlay.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George,

Just installed my JB4 and am loving it. Now that CarPlay supports 3rd partyapps, it would be incredible to see the JB4 app in the infotainment. Any plans to update the app for that feature?

We are trying to get it right and will keep everyone updated. Its a long shot but worth a try.

rr1santos

Ready to race!

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
George, it looks as though there are some new maps in the latest update. Is it possible to update the thread or have a concise reference for what the different maps entail? I know Valet mode is new. Beyond 'half boost', can we have some details?

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up a 2019 R, I read on hear that they changed the ECU on this model. Not sure if that is true, but if so, any issues installing the JB4 on a 2019 R ?

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
I know the JB1 works. Can't imagine why the JB4 won't.

Yeah, I would think so too. I know that there are a few 2018's running JB1, but is the ECU the same on the 2018 & 2019 models?
They did drop the hp to 288 on the 19" instead of 292 on 2018. So maybe they tweaked the ecu for emission purposes. I also read somewhere that the hp is the same, it's just the way they were rating it. IDK. ??

Anyone running a 2019 R with JB1 or JB4 ?