GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG fluid change time vs mileage

bcgti

Ready to race!
Manual states every 60,000 km for the DSG fluid/filter change - no mention of time. My car is coming close to 3 years old with only ~30,000 km of everyday driving. Would you all recommend a change out or be good until the 60,000km?

Thanks

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
The DSG fluid doesn't go bad per se over time. In the U.S. the change is typically at 40K miles so you are fine going to 60,000 km. Even the 40K miles is just precautionary maintenance.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Manual states every 60,000 km for the DSG fluid/filter change - no mention of time. My car is coming close to 3 years old with only ~30,000 km of everyday driving. Would you all recommend a change out or be good until the 60,000km?

Thanks

In the U.S. it's 4-years or 40,000 miles, so I wouldn't go over 60,000 km. Why cheap out? Can't you afford to service a car you bought for over $40K, or did someone give it to you for free? I guess you didn't bother changing the rear Haldex coupling either since the fluid costs 50 CD for a small jug?

bcgti

Ready to race!
In the U.S. it's 4-years or 40,000 miles, so I wouldn't go over 60,000 km. Why cheap out? Can't you afford to service a car you bought for over $40K, or did someone give it to you for free? I guess you didn't bother changing the rear Haldex coupling either since the fluid costs 50 CD for a small jug?

Wow - how did you come to the conclusion that I was cheaping out or that I can't afford it or that the car was given to me for free or that I didn't change the Haldex fluid?????????

Any other accusatory statements based on my post??????

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I changed my Haldex fluid at 22k miles, because of the mishap on the dyno. It looked relatively clean, no debris, filter was clean as well. I would venture to think that 30k mile service interval is a happy medium if you beat the shit out of the car like I do :D

Hoon

Autocross Champion

The fuck?

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Some people jumping to all sorts of meritless conclusions here... Not good forum demeanor.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Guys c’mon it’s the Fed. You should all know better.

OP, it’s really up to you. But with 3 years and only 30K KM, I personally would change it. I drive 30K KM in about 8 months lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Wow - how did you come to the conclusion that I was cheaping out or that I can't afford it or that the car was given to me for free or that I didn't change the Haldex fluid?????????

Any other accusatory statements based on my post??????

Did you change the Haldex at 3 years? I didn't see you state you did, only get defensive. Guilty conscious?

ccbird

Ready to race!
Fed,

Read the original post all the way. He clearly states he is approaching 3 years and 30km which is below recommend service intervals. This is exactly why he is looking for advise. I know I did both haldex and day at the same time which was an early dsg service.

Just make sure to read it through before throwing out accusations and assuming the guy is looking to "cheap out".

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think it's easier to just follow the VW mainrence card recommendations. As a side note, I just had a VWOA CSR tell me something I already knew, that if you have an out of warranty issue they do look to see if you used a dealer for your maintenance when they consider helping you financially.

bcgti

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies. Since this is a new-to-me car I'll probably opt for an earlier change out vs waiting. I also asked my local VW dealer and the service department recommended it @ 3yrs or 60,000kms.