GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Idle speed fluctuation

jamesk891

I recently had my 2015 golf serviced, and mentioned to the mechanic how I had two cases where on start up there was some fluctuation in rpms 800 - 1200rpm then it would settle down after about 10seconds. It happend while I was still in park and once when in reverse. They ran a diagnostic on the car, but could not find any problems. Any idea why this would be the case. Should I chase this up with the dealer as the car is less than a year old and therefore still under warranty.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Try to track the issue a bit longer first. Does it only do it on cold start? Is this AC on or off? High idle on cold start is normal, as is a little fluctuation with a load on the engine (AC on Max) esp at start.

jamesk891

Both times the a/c was off, and in both cases there was a noticeable vibration felt through the pedals.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Bricktops

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently had my 2015 golf serviced, and mentioned to the mechanic how I had two cases where on start up there was some fluctuation in rpms 800 - 1200rpm then it would settle down after about 10seconds. It happend while I was still in park and once when in reverse. They ran a diagnostic on the car, but could not find any problems. Any idea why this would be the case. Should I chase this up with the dealer as the car is less than a year old and therefore still under warranty.

My car just started doing this. Did you fix the problem?
What was the outcome.