GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Billet Aluminum Boost Tap - Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The Boomba Racing Boost Tap is meant to give drivers a way to easily reference their boost and vacuum. This piece installs between the MAP sensor and intake manifold and comes with a preinstalled 1/8” NPT fitting meant to accept a 3/16” hose. This fitting is double barbed to ensure a tight fitment. Our boost tap features an o-ring design for leak-free operation.

CNC-machined from premium aircraft-grade billet aluminum.

As always this product is designed and manufactured 100% in-house in the USA.

Available in your choice of color: Onyx Black, Royal Blue, Race Red, or Pure Aluminum

Link to buy: http://www.boombaracing.com/2015-volkswagen-gti-boost-tap-reference/

Tone1

Ready to race!
Is this a direct alternative to manifold puncturing boost taps?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
The history of "sandwich" style boost taps on these motor has a troubled past. What have you guys done to rectify some of the common problems people have been having with this style boost tap?

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The reason we set out to design a MAP style piece rather than a "puncture your manifold" style piece is for ease of removal. If you ever wanted to return back to stock, you can easily do so with this boost tap.

Variables such as the internal bore design/diameter of the spacer, angle of the stock sensor, and flow through the piece were carefully analyzed before putting anything final into production.

Last edited:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the response. I believe this is the first one I've seen that is at a 90 deg angle. Hope it works well because it would make the easiest solution for tapping pressure.

I really wanted to go this route but considered not to and put a hole in the side of the manifold. I can put a small screw with RTV to fill the hole, but this would be a better solution.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Thanks for the response. I believe this is the first one I've seen that is at a 90 deg angle. Hope it works well because it would make the easiest solution for tapping pressure.

I really wanted to go this route but considered not to and put a hole in the side of the manifold. I can put a small screw with RTV to fill the hole, but this would be a better solution.

This is certainly a good solution for anyone who doesn't want to worry about making any permanent changes or irreversible modifications to your vehicle.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Newb question: is this compatible with all aftermarket boost gauge options? Not sure how the gauge hooks up in relation to the tap.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Did you notice any changes in readings on the MAP sensor with it being so far out of the manifold? I know you mentioned above that you looked into it, but curious on the results.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Did you notice any changes in readings on the MAP sensor with it being so far out of the manifold? I know you mentioned above that you looked into it, but curious on the results.

I'll have to see if I can find the exact data, but we realized no significant changes in the reading of that sensor.